The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Liquid Band (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I spent a large part of last night seeing if I could improve on the effect which I consider as, hands down, the best rubber band effect.

The trick is so slick and without flaw that the only improvements I could find were presentational and the designing of In Transit actions to make it even more magical if this is possible.

It really is an absolutely magical solid through solid effect going back and forth with a pen getting through a stretched rubber band.

Rehearsals after practice made me even more enthusiastic about the effect
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Lawrence - I agree with you that Liquid Band is a beautiful thing.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I second that, a most beautiful effect. We all anxiously await more vmendoza work (in this via the vmarrini ?)
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Where does one find this gem?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
2000 liquid band can be found at vinnymarini.com .
Vince Mendoza's Improved my effect with his handling and the repenetration which made this effect as Lawrence stated one of the most visual and complete band effects today
vinny
ps thank you Vince
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Thanks, Vinny!
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
Really nice! ive been doing it now for a few months. I find a lot of magicians are not familiar! I do it with a spoon before I bend it!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
If the effect seems too short to you, it is possible to thread in your ring into a band and then explain that, possibly, the spectators cannot see well because the ring is very small. Then perform Liquid band. Since the methods differ fairly substantially, one effect cancels out the method of the other one. This supplies a good combination for a complete routine.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations