The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Is anybody know this fire gimmick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sallen
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
5 Posts

Profile of sallen
I want to buy this gimmick, but I want to know is this worth to buy? Easy to perform? And what is this gimmick's name?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFT3EIvwwD0
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Haslett makes this and lots of other cool, I mean HOT, stuff..
http://www.ahouseoffire.com/
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
Wow, that does look cool, but he sells lots of things. What is the actual name of the particular effect? I bought a variation of fire palms off him. It was an electronic ignition system as opposed to flint. Nice gimmicks, just not too great for my kind of presentation. This looks more up my street, though.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Just checked, and that's the demo for Flashpaper's Delight.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
Anyone know how easy it is to perform? could it be used for street magic? Close up? Or better for stage?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-08-11 07:14, Dazz wrote:
Anyone know how easy it is to perform? could it be used for street magic? Close up? Or better for stage?

I had one of the 1st versions of this gimmick. It is not easy to use, it requires a set up each time and you are wired up. It can and does burn holes in your clothing. I burned my favorite shirt, dang!

All this aside, it is good for stage magic where you want a flash of fire. He has made some improvements, but if you are of the no set-up, only do my magic naked type of person (In other words - tuck your shirt in!), then pass on this gimmick.
MagicD48
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of MagicD48
I wonder if anybody knows of any fire production effects that can be used close up. Just random feats of Pyro kinesis as I believe its known.