The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Help Identify This Die Box! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jaxonlee
View Profile
New user
Butte, MT
71 Posts

Profile of jaxonlee
I acquired this rather handsome die and container some time ago and have yet to identify it. I would love to know if anyone can tell me anything about it!

https://picasaweb.google.com/11214958705......07209778

The die is solid, quite heavy and very nicely machined. The closed cylinders nest neatly together with the die hidden therein.

Thank you all in advance for any information you may be able to provide.

Jason
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
It looks like a brass Die-Cipher to me jaxonlee.

If you're looking to give it away, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. . .
jaxonlee
View Profile
New user
Butte, MT
71 Posts

Profile of jaxonlee
I don't know about giving it away! But I would certainly enjoy learning how to use it.
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
The effect is that you can tell which number is uppermost on the die while the box is behind your back

I won't tell you the secret but if you experiment by placing different number in the box you should stumble onto the secret
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
I had seen a Die-cypher demo'ed before getting seriously into magic, and it's the first item that I hunted down once I got the bug. In my urge to be 'different' I purchased a version with ESP symbols. The working is identical but it feels less intuitive to me than a standard spotted dice. Purchase regret #1 Smile
When I saw this demo'ed it was a prediction MIRACLE, and after buying it years later I discovered that I had had a false memory implanted which made it even more miraculous in my head and whilst recounting its effect to others.
jaxonlee
View Profile
New user
Butte, MT
71 Posts

Profile of jaxonlee
I appreciate the responses folks. Thank you very much.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Actually, there is no need to put the box behind your back. Mine is Die Cypher II and can be in full view of the spectators the whole time.
Yours looks identical to mine.
Sammy J. Teague
Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
The spectator places the die in the box while your back is turned. You can determine which way up he placed the die when you turn around.