The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Silverware for PK? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Absinthiste
View Profile
New user
Interzone Inc, Texas
94 Posts

Profile of Absinthiste
I've had Strebler's Liquid Metal and PK Silverware by Banachek for quite a while now, but never performed any of this because I couldn't find silverware I could practice with. The set of forks I bought for a couple dollars and the "borrowed" ones from restaurants are waaaay too stiff. If anyone here performs these routines regularly, can you recommend a supplier for softer forks?
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
If you have a Dollar Tree or similar store nearby, you can usually get 3 or 4 pieces for a dollar. I've found the "strength" can change though, sometimes being softer than others.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I get mine at WalMart - 4 for a dollar.

Ed
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1654 Posts

Profile of randirain
A restaurant supply store.
Around me it's called Ace Mart, don't know if it's a nation/world wide chain.
But you can get the perfect forks/spoons, a dozen for about $3-$4.

Randi
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3540 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Use the cheapest stuff you can find. Quality stainless is NOT your friend here...
That dominion flatware above is an excellent choice! CHEEP!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Absinthiste
View Profile
New user
Interzone Inc, Texas
94 Posts

Profile of Absinthiste
Ace Restaurant Supply is all over Houston. I'll try them out later today. On a somewhat similar note, you guys ever hear about the origins of Oneida? Interesting to find out one of the largest flatware companies started out as a cult:
http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneida_Community
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1654 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2011-02-24 04:28, Absinthiste wrote:
Ace Restaurant Supply is all over Houston. I'll try them out later today. On a somewhat similar note, you guys ever hear about the origins of Oneida? Interesting to find out one of the largest flatware companies started out as a cult:
http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneida_Community

That's pretty interesting.

Randi