The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring Scape moves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Now that I've up-graded my lace, I've become serious about putting together my routine for Ring Scape. On the DVD provided as part of the package there are the following moves taught:

1. Thread on
2. Toss on
3. The Spin
4. The Secure Knot Tie
5. The Magic Move

Perhaps someone could recommend additional moves not taught on the DVD. I have tried some of my Finger Ring & String moves, but they don't don't work very well, due to the gimmick. Those of you who have Ring Scape know what I'm talking about.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Don't mess with success. If you try to do more it might A) Bore the audience, B) Give away the secret. Remember: Less is More.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Pete, your probably right.
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
I think Pete IS right. Smile

Good luck, nonvpro, on developing your routine!

TED
magidude68
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magidude68
When I finally get mine sorted i`ll start with the thread on (obviously) the secure knot tie and finish with the magic move, a couple of moves on the dvd are just too impossible looking and people may twig the secret.
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
I think also that some moves on the DVD may lead towards the secret, so I stick with the moves I like and vary a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaLiLBhL1Ww
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Omani - I enjoyed the you tube video, thanks for sharing it.
metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
My ex girlfriend bought me a Fantasma magic set at the local magic shop in my area. This was a few years ago andthis Ring Scape trick was included. I always thought nothing of it because the instructions and the accompanying DVD was pretty basic as it was most probably intended for kids (just like all other magic sets).

I came accross the Ring Scape YouTube video and thought that it was a great routine, however the one thing I can't seem to figure out is the very first move where he puts the rope through the ring, but doesn't really. If someone could be nice enough to PM the method. I really don't wanna have to buy a trick I already own just so I can learn one move from a DVD.

Your help would be much appreciated.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Okami sorry for the mis-spelling of your name on my previous post. My iPad has auto spelling and I didn't catch it.
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Glad you liked the vid whiteoakcanyon. Don't worry about the mis-spelling.
magidude68
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magidude68
I can`t believe how hard it is to find a suitable lace,i have now ordered three pairs and none were suitable.I even went to real shops to no avail.
Can anyone point me in the right direction by p.m.ing me a link to a suitable source please(preferably in the u.k.)?
Many thanks for your help.
magidude68
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magidude68
Found some at last!
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Magidude68

Care to post what you found? Perhaps a link or photos?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2011-03-10 17:26, Okami wrote:
I think also that some moves on the DVD may lead towards the secret, so I stick with the moves I like and vary a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaLiLBhL1Ww

Very nice!
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-03-10 23:38, metaljohn wrote:
I came across the Ring Scape YouTube video and thought that it was a great routine, however the one thing I can't seem to figure out is the very first move where he puts the rope through the ring, but doesn't really. If someone could be nice enough to PM the method. I really don't wanna have to buy a trick I already own just so I can learn one move from a DVD.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Take a look at Jerry Mentzer's Magic With Finger Rings. There are a number of methods there that will allow you to figure out the method that the demonstrator used. You may even find a method that you like better.
magidude68
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magidude68
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 11:15, nonvpro wrote:
Magidude68

Care to post what you found? Perhaps a link or photos?

I use these yellow and black ones- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V......MEWNX:IT

I tried to upload pics of mine after the op but it exceeds limits