The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Vernon Close-Up Linking Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MichaelG
View Profile
New user
London
1 Post

Profile of MichaelG
On the Vernon Revelations Videos and on the Mark Wilson Magic Circus programme, Dai Vernon is using a small set of linking rings. Does anyone know what size they are and who made them?

They seem to be a very good size for Close-up. They look bigger than 5 inches but I think they're smaller than 8 inches. It's hard to judge on a TV screen.

I seem to remember seeing that Rings 'N Things used to make a 6 inch set, which seems a likely candidate.

Is anyone in the know about this?

Michael
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
I am not sure. I know that origionally Dai did the Symphony of the Rings with 5 inchers, so I would have to guess that they were in fact 5's. But I haven't seen the video.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1423 Posts

Profile of Jerry
In the publication of Symphony of Rings, it states that the rings should not be less then ten inches in size for stage.
That was size used for the 1958 lecture tour. Close-up ring is not covered.

On the Revelations video, the size of the rings is not mentioned. Although it appears to be 6 inches. Best guess.

His Magic Circus performance Ten inch rings were used.

Revelation is the only time I have seen Vernon use rings smaller then ten inches. All other performance and instruction is ten inch.

Ring size is subjective.
Ninja, Messado and TCC rings are 4 inches. This is currently considered the best size and routines for close-up rings.

My source is based on Lewis Ganson publication and video of Vernon on Magic Circus, Revelations DVD.