The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Departure - Ring Flight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
john oleson
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of john oleson
Anyone had success with this?

Thx ... john oleson
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
It's a neat idea. But, the r**l is too short for me and makes too much noise.

I read somewhere that the new version has some sort of padding to cut down on noise.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Jess Cone
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Jess Cone
While I agree with Doug that the r**l is a bit short, I've been using it successfully and it works quite well. A bit of body turn in the action of polishing the ring or doing the vanish shortens the distance and virtually eliminates any unwanted noise. I like this very much.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3713 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I've had very good success with mine - a very nice package. Mine did get "retrofitted" about a month after I got it.

Jim
matt-g
View Profile
New user
Essex. England
79 Posts

Profile of matt-g
Quick note on this one, where the string goes into the clip make sure you tie an extra knot in the string and add a touch of super glue, with constant use mine came undone, I've got a new unit now and did the fix so will not suffer the same problem
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
While I've read mixed reviews, I decided to order one of these yesterday. I'll report back once I've had some time to use it in performance.

Mario
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Name: Departure Ring Flight
Performer: Derek Roberts
Media: Video CD
Available: Most any online for B&M magic shops
Retail Price: $54.95

Effect: I’m sure most of you know what a ring flight is but for those who don’t the performer vanishes the ring only to have it reappear on his key ring which is in his back pocket.

What you get: Gimmick and 10 minute CD

Explanation: While you’re not going to learn much in 10 minutes, Mr. Roberts does a nice job of showing a few performances and then showing you how the thing operates. He demonstrates a few simple routines that can be done and also points you in a few good directions for additional finger ring routines that are marketed by others.

Gimmick: The one thing I never liked about the ring flight was that most used key wallets which I would look silly carrying. Departure uses a keyless entry fob, which looks much more at home on my key ring. The gimmick is super quiet and very easy to load.

Performance: If you’ve ever performed a ring flight before, you know how strong the reactions can be. I borrow a ring and use Thomas Garret’s routine to start and then do a false transfer or offer to buff their ring before I give it back to them as my cover for the vanish. It can be a great close for strolling.

I recommend this product only if you don’t already have a ring flight. If you already have one that works for you, I see no reason to buy this one. This is ultimately a personal decision and I decided to give this one a try because it fits my style/character the best. I’m very happy with Departure. I hope this review was helpful.