The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Pentell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
David Fogel
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
87 Posts

Profile of David Fogel
Does anybody remember this effect?

I don't remember who made it, but here's how it went: the spectator takes a pen and initials a small envelope, which you explain contains a prediction card in it. Then they pick a card. Upon opening the envelope, the prediction card says "Your card is on the Pen." They remove the cap of the pen and, engraved on the pen, is their card.

I don't think this is made anymore. I had one in the mid-80's (if I recall correctly), and I'm wondering if it's possible to find this anymore.
davidfogel@attbi.com

"I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, Please save me Superman!"

Homer J. Simpson
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
David,

It would be relatively easy to have a pen engraved for this purpose; the rest of the routine sounds rather self-explanitory.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
David Fogel
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
87 Posts

Profile of David Fogel
I was looking for the original effect -- simply for nostalgia purposes.

Your suggestion is a good one, though. I may just take you up on it!
davidfogel@attbi.com

Homer J. Simpson
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Hi, David:

I took the stroll with you. Pentell was put out by Repro 71 a number of years ago.
They have a web site
http://www.repromagic.co.uk/
and you might want to check and see if they still carry this item.

-Marty
David Fogel
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
87 Posts

Profile of David Fogel
Thanks Martin!

I checked out Repro's web page, and they list a "Pentell" for $9.95. If I can confirm that it's the same one, it's mine!
davidfogel@attbi.com

Homer J. Simpson
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
I found one!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I still have a couple sets, that is a great trick to carry around and still will go with the Bic Pens today. It is Al Koran's 101 deck trick put out by Repro Magic in the 1970's. No need for fancy expensive wallets.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Anyone know what happened to Repro magic ? I used to know Geoff and Dawn well until I moved to Spain.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Along the lines of a pen revelation
I think mental manipulation couldbe be stronger. Even though most magicians cut their teeth on it (so they won't perform it) the lay public at all ages finds it amazing.

There was a pen that made a revelation using an internal roller blind that pulled out
Someone else printed the pull out with a book test code.

I don't remember the makers but I probably have a few in a drawer somewhere.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2015, george1953 wrote:
Anyone know what happened to Repro magic ? I used to know Geoff and Dawn well until I moved to Spain.

As I recall the owner got very ill, and passed away. Another magic shop in England bought all the inventory and is sitting on it. Mike Danata the owner said he has no time to go through 5000 items.

Mike Danata is the creator of the booklet for the "Floating Golden Stick" routine.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I don't mean to derail this thread, but it looks like David got his answer already.

I have an old pen which reveals a card. The pen has a picture of a top hat in a liquid sitting on the bottom of the top part of the pen.
When you turn the pen upside town, a mini 7 of clubs slowly floats down out of the hat through the liquid.
I don't remember the name but I had it for a long time. I may just start using it again.
Ihor
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Yes a similar type pen was also made with a Bathing Beauty but the one you have was made for magicians, I believe about 17 years ago