The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Nuts and bolts? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
Anyone know the name of the effect where three nuts are shown, two in the hand one in the pocket...etc....and ends with the nuts on the bolt?
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
And also, are there any other nut and bolt type of effects out there? I have been working on a routine with just these things.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
It's Doc Eason's "Bar Magic." , Vol/3 (I think)
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
Alan, Yes, it's in Doc's bar magic series, but he doesn't name it that I remember, and references it to a magic magazine(either genii or linking ring) that he got it from years ago. Thanks though!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The name of the effect is All Screwed Up.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Oh, I did up a set of hardware related effects for Home Depot. One of my favorites is based on how you'll get washers and put them in a bag and then some will be missing. I just did the coins through silk to show how it happened. It actually makes more sense than coins through a silk because what is the motivation? With the large washers it just made sense.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I saw Doc Eason at a lecture a couple of years ago and he now uses large airplane hardware. The nuts are about an inch across but since they are aluminum they are very light. He sells them with the routine, just check out his website.
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
Thanks!
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
WhiteAngel, to your 2nd question:

Sometimes I perform the following effect: Put nut on bolt (which lasts long!!!), both in a little dark box (kind box for films of photo-camera), then make a (important!!!) shake, open the box and throw nut and bolt to the table - they are separated ("with the help of a little helpful ghost")! Anything can be handed out immediately!

(I never perform it at the same table as I perform "two in the hands,one in the pocket"!)

Angelo
shooz
View Profile
Loyal user
Mercer, PA
269 Posts

Profile of shooz
I think Dan Tong had something in his lecture notes using a nut & bolt and his wedding ring. Also, he had a bag that was put over his hand while he held the nut and bolt. Ring ends up on the bolt and is held on by the nut. Story line had something to do with how to practice.

Hope you can look it up as it looked impressive when Dan did this at a lecture.

Shooz
With you in thought(s)

Scott Shoemaker... Shooz
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
864 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I instigated a thread some time back concerning "All screwed up". I always thought the ending was a bit weak - the high spot in the routine being the appearance of the bolt. I now end it with the production of a walnut, doing a switch at the end. It's a VERY strong finish, and never fails to get a great reaction/laugh.

There were quite a few good suggestions in the thread - you might want to do a search here for it, if it's of any interest to you.

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The nut coming off the bolt was Finn Jon's great routine. Ken Brooke also marketed on in a little plastic bottle that was totally different. Both great effects.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I like it DCB....I forget who brought this up but another good ending is a giant nut rather than the small ones on the bolt.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I do a trick I call tin man's nightmare. I use the bolt as a joke and I call it the tin man's finger and the nut is the ring as if he was a finger model for a jewlery store etc. It's basically a variation on Karate Coin. Leeman, can you give me a link to Doc Eason's website?
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
I do Doc Eason's all screwed up (and love it).

I thought the ending was a little weak also. I end with the small bolt with 2 nuts threaded on it and change it into a large bolt with 2 nuts threaded on. It always gets a good reaction.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
Here is the link, I hope it works

http://doceasonmagicshop.com/oscommerce/......ts_id=80
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
From the credit where credit is due department...

I came across this 30 years ago in a Genii magazine. It was contributed by a wonderful fellow Christopher Frings of Birmingham AL... Last spring I did a little mini tour that included B-ham ... and spent some wonderful time with Dr Frings. I was shocked to hear that not long after our visit, he suffered a heart attack and passed away.

He was a wonderful man who was thrilled that I popularized his little variation on the 2 in the hand one in the pocket plot.

Aloha my friend.

Doc
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I've got one where a sleeve is put on a bolt and tightened/locked on with a nut. The whole assembly is put in a brass tube. When you pull the lid off the tube - which is only big enough to fit the bolt - all three pieces, (bolt, sleeve and nut), are separated. Not sure what it's called or who sells it.
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
Just like to say that I do this a lot and always goes down a treat whenever I do it. Doc's dvds are awesome and you should purchase all of his bar magic dvds! There are some killer effects on them.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2441 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys. I’ve started a new magic review show with my son Ryland. On this weeks show we review All Screwed Up and discuss the pros and cons of the trick.

Here’s a link to the review show.

https://youtu.be/_DAkgpsLZX4

Any questions let me know.