The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: I stripped my own IET now what?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
Ok, so I stripped some IET from some stockings like Michael Ammar shows on his video. I am going to attempt to tie some loops; the only problem is the IET isn't black, it is kinda like a reflective brown. What could I put on it to make it black and have a more matte finish? Would a Sharpie work? Thanks.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Get some black stockings? Dernit, back to the old drawing board...
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 11:39, misterbill wrote:
Get some black stockings? Dernit, back to the old drawing board...

They are black, and the thread is all black until I get to the Elastic thread, and that is the reflective brownish color.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I've colored threads with a Sharpie. Stretch it out before you color it, though. I've also tried only coloring in patches, like a camo look, and that works well with the right background. The problem with doing this for loops is, if you have pale skin like me, you'll have a black string around your wrist. So, I tend to leave it alone. But then, I don't do any "out in the open" loop work where it really matters.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 13:32, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
I've colored threads with a Sharpie. Stretch it out before you color it, though. I've also tried only coloring in patches, like a camo look, and that works well with the right background. The problem with doing this for loops is, if you have pale skin like me, you'll have a black string around your wrist. So, I tend to leave it alone. But then, I don't do any "out in the open" loop work where it really matters.

What do you mean "'out in the open' loop work"? Thanks
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I don't do things where the loop is out in the open where people could really see it.
It's kind of like a thumb tip that way, I guess.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12056 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-10-10 17:21, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
I don't do things where the loop is out in the open where people could really see it.
It's kind of like a thumb tip that way, I guess.

Excellent, I agree. Basically hidden the entire time.
Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
Hidden all the time is always great.

I've bought a couple ITs that "show"
and tried coloring them with a sharpie
but was always disappointed with the
results. Maybe that is just me. Go with
the "good stuff" for your style.