The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Which is better? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
Which is more fun and better to do,
Sponge Balls effects or Rope effects??
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Chris, Why not learn one routine for each?

Cheers,
Harv
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I would say Sponge Balls is more fun. Not only is it fun and you have a ton of room to imagine and create a routine, but the reactions are so much better than rope effects. Mainly because it is in the hands magic and nothing beats that.

When I was a layman and was shown a rope effect, I never was amazed because I always was under the impression that they were gimmicked or "tricked up." Even though they aren't, if laymen get that impression it can bring down the amazement level. I would go with sponge balls.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
Quote:
On 2003-04-12 20:51, Andrew E. Miller wrote:
I would say Sponge Balls is more fun.

Except for the poor sponge!!

Dave
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Sorry Andrew-I have to disagree. I do Sanders "Three Ropes and a Baby" and it gets an amazing reaction. I also hand the ropes out for inspection prior to and after the routine since the ropes are not gimmicked. As I said previously, I think it is worth the time and effort to learn at least one routine for each. Why limit yourself?

Cheers,
Harv
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
For close-up magic, a sponge ball routine is the best! I cannot recommend it enough, I think you have to try it out yourself. It's a sure "killer!"

Rope effect is also good, but I think it is less interesting from an audience's point of view.

just my two cents,
Hirase
In love with magic!
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
Sponge balls are more interesting...But I think there are numerous amazing rope effects too!
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team