The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: IET Question - Anybody knows this thread? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Gork
View Profile
New user
Germany
70 Posts

Profile of Gork
Hello!

I am working with magic some jears now and did buy Loops at the beginning.
My problem was they were expensive and I killed the pack in nearly 20 minutes entirely. So I was not in the mood to throw away more money.

Then I discovered THIS ( http://www.magic-factory-shop.de/product......s_id=145 ) invisible thread on spool. It seems really strong to me.

I did buy it and did use it since. Completely invisible on the Hand but visible in normal lightning conditions (no matter if you create shadow) in some cases. Therefore I did only use it in discothekes or pubs etc. with dimmed lights.

Now I look for another thread and ordered infinite thread. I did also consider Silkworm but I would like if someone knows my actual thread so I might compare your reviews on the other threads to mine.

How much visible is other thread compared to my thread in the same light conditions (see link above)? Especcially Infinite / Silkworm / PET 2.0 / Loops

What about the strength of mine compared to e.g. Loops?

What about the stretching ability?

Anybody got experience with my type of thread?

Thanks, Sven.

Click here to view attached image.
Gork
View Profile
New user
Germany
70 Posts

Profile of Gork
Hmmmm... No reaction?

Is this cause noone did know this thread I was talking about or cause I only just did discover this forum and do have no posts?

------

I did recieve my spool of Infinite Thread now. I am somewhat disapointed with it.
You have more than enough thread for your Life, but it breaks easier then my thread I used before (not much but some) and has about 1/3 less stetching ability.
It seems to have about the same diameter as my old thread (looked, did not mesure).

The big + is, you might split it and even if unsplit it is much more invisible outsides / in daylight.

The REALLY big - is it is VERY visible on the hand (the old one was transparent).
Nearly each time I did a levitation effect anyone was looking if I got some type of string on my hand.

With my old thred I could let them examine my hand 5 minutes and they did not one single time find the loop around my palm.
With the Infinite Thread even if split you can see it. If unsplit a blind can see it on the wrist or palm from 2m! So there goes the cool "empty hand" effect of the old one.

:worry: Any Ideas on this? How do you hide black loops after the effect? Don't you use this type of IET for closeup?

:worry: Is there any "skin colored" or brown colored IET? This I think should be the ultimate IET cause it would be still invisible on the hands and somewhat darker therfore more invisible in daylight.

Hopefully I will get reactions this time Smile
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
I didn't answer because, as you said, I had no experience with the other thread you were talking about.

I've never had a problem with people looking at my hands, wrist, or any other place where I keep the thread. I've got Justin Miller's The Cloak, and I use a hookup inspired by his sit-down Cloak, and that takes a lot of the heat off of the other props that I use for thread work.

I ordered Infinity V2, but I had to wait a long time for it, and during the wait, I went and ordered the large reel of Infinity. (Rudy Sanchez made up for the delays, so I have no complaints.) I also have Mesika's Elastics. Of them, Infinity V2 stretches the best and has good tension before breaking (so you have a chance to back off on the stretch before it breaks), but Mesika Elastics reflect less light (although they don't take the same tension before breaking). For some reason, stripped Infinity thread off of the large reel doesn't seem to be as strong as my Infinity V2. Strange since they're supposed to be made of the same stuff.

If you want a versatile hookup that allows your hands to be examined before and after the effect, I suggest the e-book Infinity Loop by Ron Jaxon. It's very innovative and was developed with Infinity thread.

Gook luck,
Bill
Gork
View Profile
New user
Germany
70 Posts

Profile of Gork
There is a V2 of the infinity thread? I did not know. I ordered the first one I think. Where can I get the second version and is there a test somewhere?

About the book I will look for it. But how might you hide this thead if it is this visible....
Gork
View Profile
New user
Germany
70 Posts

Profile of Gork
Ok I found the site but there is nothing really said about it.
If I understand right it is just pre split Infinity am I right?

I then saw the book is delivered with the thread but I got none with my spool I bought in europe. Is there any way to get it?
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Quote:
On 2008-05-29 05:53, Gork wrote:
Ok I found the site but there is nothing really said about it.
If I understand right it is just pre split Infinity am I right?

Which is what baffles me. Maybe V2 splits two threads off of the big Infinity thread reel instead of one. Maybe it splits only one, but I happened to get a much stronger thread than the stuff that comes from my big reel. I don't know. But it's certain that my bobbin of V2 is just a stronger thread than the Infinity thread that I've split myself so far.

To get the Infinity Loop e-book... Ron Jaxon is a member of the Café and has been posting recently. I suggest you PM him and find out his price for the e-book. It really is an excellent hook up. If he isn't selling the e-book anymore, Rudy Sanchez (from the same site with V2) probably will be able to sell it to you. I got it directly from him.

There are several ways of making sure that "visible" thread isn't seen while you're not using it. First, pay no attention to the spot where the thread is hiding. Second, give them something else to see. Third, use the right background, lighting, and clothing to reduce the chance of it being seen. For details on the latter, I suggest the Reflections DVD by Mesika and Finn Jon.

Bill
Gork
View Profile
New user
Germany
70 Posts

Profile of Gork
Right. I know how to distract from the wrist BUT the really BIG + on the clear thread is you can have it on the palm and the spectators can inspect your palm from 8 inces and can't see it! Even if they rub they do not feel it.

Once I did let a girl ( Smile ) inspect my hand and the cards I did the Trick with for 5 minutes. She touched the thread multiple times, did look onto it closeup and did not realize.

I did mail Rudy already about the clear Infinity he mentioned. As I saw his Background I believe he got another type of thread not just prestripped Infinity. This should explain your felt strength of it.

I believe I will order both from him as soon as my next money arrives (just bought a car and I would probably be slaughtered by someone If I now do buy thread of the rest Smile ).

Regarding Ron I will mail him.
BTW really good forum. Don't know why it took me so long to find Smile
pwolverine
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
112 Posts

Profile of pwolverine
Is the V2 of infinity stronger then the original big reel? I'm getting tired of stripping the big spool adn thinking of getting rid of it for the V2. If its stronger and I don't have to bother stripping it - it would definitely be a big plus.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12056 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
For loops, I noticed if you have hair on the back of your hand, its almost impossible to see EIT there. The palm of course is another matter.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On 2008-07-23 00:40, pwolverine wrote:
Is the V2 of infinity stronger then the original big reel? I'm getting tired of stripping the big spool adn thinking of getting rid of it for the V2. If its stronger and I don't have to bother stripping it - it would definitely be a big plus.

Infinity v2 is already split. It is much stronger than the original "Infinity" large spool. v2 is not split from the large spool rather it is extruded as a finer individual strand and is the same size as the most poplular elastics being sold. It is sold in 300 ft spools and comes in a custom dispenser which is far superior in size and convenience than the competitions!
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12056 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Rudy,

So V2 spools are ready to go, just extract the thread and tie?
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On 2009-07-08 19:45, Candin wrote:
Rudy,

So V2 spools are ready to go, just extract the thread and tie?

Yes that's correct, no splitting necessary! Just reel off the amount you need and your all set to go.
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic