The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Favorite rubberband tricks! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Other than CMH what is everyones Favorite top 3 rubberband tricks? ....I think mine are:

1) Travlin Cash
2) Broken and restored band
3) Double jumpin bands
(In every kids magic book but people just seem to love it and I do the one handed twisted band around the fingers to LOCK IN the 2 jumpin bands)
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1882 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Michael Webber has very cool linking rubberband routine on his lecture video, I am not sure what it is called, but I liked it very much.
Travelin Cash is other one with Christian Engbloms ending where the bill jumps out of the bands while spectators are holding it.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
496 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Yesterday I, by some strange reason, came up with an "adult" patter for CMH. Maybe I´m not first with it, but I haven´t heard it before. The "trunk" of the patter is talking about penetration, and to always use rubber. Explain that is the friction (when rubbing the bands) that makes a perfect penetration.

Please fill in as you wish.

Smile

Eeehh.. something popped into my mind again.. If one should end CMH with Stargazer, maybe you could mention something about it being a p###star...
Am I completely out of line here???

Smile
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Aronson's Ring Leader (a ring and rubberband penetration in his book Try the Impossible) and Linked by Chris Kenner.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
Kenner's routine is awesome, as well as Harlan's one band effects, and check out Ebony and Ivory, and Andy Leviss new linking bands when it comes out. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10972 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Chris Kenners (missing link) is by far the best, followed by
2. Simon Aronsons (ring leader)
3. The Joining these are three wonderful effects and they can all be intermixed into a very nice routine.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Are the missing link and ring leader hard or easy to do? Also, are they on the Dan Harlan rubberband tapes???
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Missing Link is in Harlan's video (vol 1 I think). Aronson's Ring Leader can be found in his book "Try The Impossible".

My favourite is "Really Linked!" Smile
Bernard Sim
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I'd have to go with the effect where the ring travels up the band (found in Magic For Dummies), Jeff Pierce's "The Joining" and Bernard Sims' "Really Linked."
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
My favorite Rubberband magic are

1) Missing link, C. Kenners
2) Star Gazer, A. Wong
3) Ebony and Ivory, A. Moden

Koji
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
I get a lot of milage out of Star Gazer. I usally start with some other type of rubberband magic and end with it. It always gets the ahs!
FrankStone
View Profile
New user
South Africa/Taiwan
74 Posts

Profile of FrankStone
I have to go with the following:-

1. Missing Link - Cris Kenner
2. Star Gazer - A. Wong
3. Crazy Man's Handcuffs - M. Ammar

These are the three rubberband effects I get the best reactions from.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
In no particular order:

1) Dan Harlan's "Snapped Again" from his Bandshark video, which simplifies the setup and adds a killer convincer to the standard T&R.

2) My refinements of Steve Kradolfer's
"Power Link", the best impromptu linking bands you'll find anywhere, if you can track it down (it was published in one of the smaller mags, I think Trapdoor, years ago).

3) My "Linked for Life", the permanent, slow-motion linking bands I mentioned in another thread in this forum.

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
One other rather more obscure effect that I haven't played with yet but looks to have a lot of potential (primarily as it is different in effect from most of the others) is Ray Kosby's Professor's Nightmare with three bands. He describes it on his International Magic video
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
My favorites are:

"Travelling Cash" from Harlan's "Band Shark"

and my own "The Joining", a ring and rubber band link. Check it out at:

http://www.members.aol.com/pierce603/magic.html
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
hkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Colombia
108 Posts

Profile of hkmagic
I like Traveling Cash, Crazy mans handcuffs, Aldo Colombini has a trick with a ring and a rubber band in one of his lectures, and all kind of tricks that I can do with cards and rubber bands
"May the Magic be with you"
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
1. Crazymans handcuffs (The penetrating bands)
2. Snaky handcuffs (mine)
3. Travelling Cash (from Harlan's Band Shark)

and... I have to add... my own Ebony & Ivory. But never as a stand alone effect, but as a finale to the three above and some other rubber band effects. So as I do the three above more often than my own, I'll have to put them at the top of the list.
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
Yes Anders!

Your "Ebony & Ivory", great idea and routine!

I will order it again in the near future.

Koji
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
1. Slydini's Rubber Band Routine
2. Broken and Restored Rubber Band
3. The Joining

Cheers.
Harv