The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Official Name Of Trick...Please Help Me! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey guys...I am sure someone here will know the answer to this. I am looking for the name of a particular rubber band effect. Basically you hold a rubber band around your thumb and pinky and then when you quickly move your hand back and fourth...the band almost instantly wraps around each of your fingers.

My wife (a hand therapist) uses this in her therapy sessions all the time. She is writing an article for a medical journal and would like to properly credit / source this effect.

Anyone know what this is called? Where it can be found? Is this in print?

Thanks to all my friends at the Café for your help...Please PM me!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
Hi,

I am sure there is no name (in the magic scene) for this effect! So I suggest to call it from now "The Cody Rubber Band - Effect"! Smile

Kind regards!

Angelo
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I use this as a demonstration of "fast hands," and learned it from Garrett Thomas. Unfortunately I don't recall him using a name other than "a neat rubber band flourish" and I have no idea what it is called, or the origins of it. Sorry!
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Thanks for the responses guys...I too have seen this for years...but never in print or ever credited.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Have you looked at the therapy booklet put out in Copperfields name years ago? If I'm right it is in there and may be credited, I don't remember and my copy sits four hundred miles away at the moment.