The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Interlace fell apart? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hey all,
I was just wondering if anybody else has had their Interlace gimmick fray at the end and fall apart? I used mine in my restaurant for about a month along with using it at private parties. At the end of one performance, the end frayed and it just fell apart. Has this happened to anyone else?
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Yo Bry... Mine is all busted up too. I practiced with it. Used it here or there and then did one full 2 hour gig with it. By the end of the gig the little special something that comes out of the fraying was stuck to my shoe.
I have read that you can now buy replacement or shoud I say "refills" of different parts of the routine.

I used a clear drying white glue to re-twist the frayed end with the special something back in place and then reseal everything. Doesn't look exactly liek original piece BUT close enough if I need to use it real soo.

Let me know how you make out and if you didn't know Richard Sanders will be at the MAES convention this year.....

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
magicmanci15
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmanci15
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 00:36, jpv0524 wrote:
Yo Bry... Mine is all busted up too. I practiced with it. Used it here or there and then did one full 2 hour gig with it. By the end of the gig the little special something that comes out of the fraying was stuck to my shoe.
I have read that you can now buy replacement or shoud I say "refills" of different parts of the routine.

I used a clear drying white glue to re-twist the frayed end with the special something back in place and then reseal everything. Doesn't look exactly liek original piece BUT close enough if I need to use it real soo.

Let me know how you make out and if you didn't know Richard Sanders will be at the MAES convention this year.....

Justin

I lost mine at a gig, I need a replacement, can you tell me how in a private message? I e-mailed R.Sanders but without an answer.

thanks
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
NOTE: He doesn't answer emails....sorry I purchased this garbage.

Zauber
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17430 Posts

Profile of joseph
I don't have this, but for the price he charges, you would think this thing
would last a lot longer..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
The price isn't too bad for everything that you get with the effect. It's just that possibly a defective batch of one of the items included.

As far as replacements:
"Hi guys!

Interlace accessories are finally available!!!

If you are interested in an extra this or that..if you know what I mean...and I think you do...please email me at info@sandersfx.com and I get all the appropriate info sent out to you ASAP.

Thanks again for all your support

Best,

Richard Sanders"
This is directly from this blog on the Café:
The Magic Café Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders

Hope this gives you some help.... Bry, I'll let you know how "regluing" goes.....

Cheers,

JPV
Superior Magic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Superior Magic
For the purchase price I would expect NOT to be buying replacements every 2 hours thankyou very much.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5455 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Over 100 performances using the prop and it is still going strong (OK, that is not many performances I know but there it is).

You guys have made me a tad paranoid so I have put a drop of Crazy Glue in a key location as a safety measure.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Superior Magic - what I didn't mention is the countless hours/days/weeks of practicing. I didn't just put it all together, practice it for a few attempts while looking in the mirror in my bedroom in my parents' basement... Get real. It didn't fall apart in 2 hours. It just so happened that over the course of the 2 hour gig it started to have the issues previously mentioned. Other members have also did not had problems after 2 hours. More like a month or more of CONTINUOUS use.... If you know the mechanics involved and have utilized the materials first hand, you could totally understand how what is happening is happening.

Adding that little bit of glue before hands really sounds like it might make the difference... Harry/Bryan, have you been using the black or the white?? No problems with the white yet, it was the black that had the issues for me....

Cheers,

JPV
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
I just received mine 1 week ago and the black came in frayed. The fraying makes the loading of the ring more difficult. As JPV stated..." No problems with the white' There does appear to be an issue with the consistency of the lengths of the gimmicks used. When using the white lace (hitting the appropriate spot), the ring actually hits the ground....Not visually appealing and Not a good idea when using someone elses ring. I called the magic retailer that I use and he measured a couple of gimmicks and confirmed the inconsistency. The effect is tremendous and I'm sure as with anything a learning curve and feedback from others will help Richard Sanders improve on his product. I performed this in a corporate walk around venue this weekend as a culmination to my standard ring routine and all I have to say is, "It floored everyone".
Have fun with this great effect.
Michaels
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I've been performing Interlaced for about 3 months. I think it is an awesome effect and it just blows people away. When I first got Interlaced, I looked over the gimmicks and noticed a very tiny "fray". I immediately put glue on the ends to reinforce it, before I even used it. Even with normal use, the fraying should be expected with the type of material it is made from. A little glue on the ends will easily solve this problem.

I think Richard Sanders did an outstanding job putting this product out. Everything was thoroughly covered...and once set up, it worked EXACTLY as advertised. Some props will require maintenance...and in this case very little. I feel the cost of this product is quite reasonable for the effect that is achieved.

I just ordered 2 new pant gimmicks and 2 black gimmicks as a back up. I got the 2 extra black gimmicks for fear that I might lose one(which happened last week...but found it in my closet)not because it will wear out. I can't see going through the trouble of using the velcro technique to install the pants gimmick (to make it portable). You have to modify each pair of pants to accept the gimmick anyway. Its about the same amount of work (if not more)so you might as well have it permanently installed. They are only $15 each...so there is not much of a savings in having 1 portable pants gimmick.

If you can't tell, I'm really happy with this effect. This is my best magic purchase in the last few years.

Rich B.
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
110 Posts

Profile of Paris
I have E mailed richard several times. I told him I used the lace only several times and had the same problem. The ends fell apart and the ma--et fell off and was lost. I emailed him, after several weeks he got back to me. I really expected that he would mail me a replacement. Never so easy. Now I realize we have to pay 15 dollars plus 5 dollars for shipping. Really crazy. I looked back and realized I must have spent more than 150.00 - 200 dollars on Richards products in the past. He is a nice guy and a good magician. But as a business man he has much to learn. Once you loose the customer he will get the message. I will E mail him again.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hello fellow Magi,

Regarding delays in getting back to people:
I have been away for prolonged periods do to touring.
Unfortunately, the people that contacted me during that period had to wait for a response. I do apolgize for the delays caused during that period.

Other than that I do respond to all emails in a timely fashion.

In regards to the handful of people who have had trouble with ends fraying on the gimmick, use UHU glue to re-glue the little "you know what" back in place.
In fact, as stated by Harry, as a general practice, for extra reinforcement, just dip the ends of the gimmick in UHU glue and let it sit for 24 hours and you will have one solid gimmick. It's good practice to redo this 30 second procedure every few months, in order to keep the gimmick in tip-top shape.

In forums like this, 2-3 comments can begin to muddy our perceptions about a product.
Please understand that Interlace has been sold to thousands of magicians who have never had a problem with it.

In regards, to Zauber's comments about the effect, to each his own.
In the few short months that interlace has been on the market, I've received hundreds of comments from magicians all over the world, claiming that Interlace is now the strongest effect in their repertoire and the reactions from laymen and magician's are "THROUGH THE ROOF!"

If by chance you do have a problem or a question about any of my products, please email me directly at info@sandersfx.com and I will do my best to ensure that you are one happy camper!

Best regards,

Richard Sanders
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
First what is UHU glue. Richard advises to dip the end of the lace into UHU glue. I have no idea what that is. Someone please help.

Second, has anyone discovered a way to re-insert that little something back into the shoe lace? Mine came apart less than a week old. It began to fray just a little, then the next thing I knew, that little something separated from the end of the lace and was stuck to that little something at the other end of the lace. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to re-insert that little something. Has anyone come up with a solution. I might mention that its the black lace that I'm speaking of.

And third, maybe its just me, but for the price I paid for Interlace, should it have lasted just a little bit longer than just a few days? Has Richard offered anyone a replacement for the defective laces?

I might also add that I'm very happy with Interlace. I feel its worth every penny that I paid for it. Just a little disappointed about how long the gimmicked lace lasted.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hello,

Again, out of the thousands of Interlace's that have been sold, there seems to be a small handful of people here who have a problem with frayed laces.

Sanders FX stands behind all it's quality products.
If you have a faulty item simply email me directly at info@sandersfx.com and I will replace it for you free of charge.

To requote from my past post:
In regards to the handful of people who have had trouble with ends fraying on the gimmick, use any clear glue (my personal preference is UHU glue) to re-glue the little "you know what" back in place.

As a general practice and as stated by Harry and Rich B, for extra reinforcement dip the ends of the gimmick in glue and let them sit for 24 hours.
Once this is done, you will have one solid gimmick.

It's good practice to redo this 30 second procedure every few months, in order to keep the gimmick in tip-top shape.

Thank you

Richard Sanders
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Again, what is "UHU" glue?
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
That's the brand name I believe...try going to a craft store.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3077 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On 2007-05-25 09:31, close-up wrote:
Again, what is "UHU" glue?

Close-up, meet Google:

http://www.saunders-usa.com/uhu/?brand=93

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
JoAnn Fabrics carries a line of product too...you can go on internet for visit your nearest store
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Neil,

Thanks for the introduction to Google. Although we've met before. But now that I've met UHU's family, which one in particular do you recommend?