The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Anyone else suck at Paddle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Looking for others that have issues with paddle moves. I mean I can do it if I moisten what needs to be moisten, but I couldn't do say a whole routine like "No Smoking"(WHICH IS WHAT I JUST GOT IN THE MAIL AND IM STRUGLLING WITH). Anyway like I said I can do it but only till they dry up then its slip and slide all over again. What do you guys do During a routine? I already have the habit when it comes to cards to quickly run my fingers over my lips (Yeah sometimes cardboard Eludes me) But I have always had that issue. I hate moving because my hands slide off of the card board box. Times cards slip out of Palms what do you guys suggest. I don't want to not be able to do No Smoking or CC Knives. Any help would be great. PM me if you must.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I buy a small bottle of "Glycerin & Rosewater" at the drugstore . Rub a little on my hands and it works very well. Licking your fingers looks tacky. Try it
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Another thing to consider is to get the material used to moisten fingers when working with papers and place it where you can dip your fingers into it for a quick fix. Marty Nash puts simular material behind his ear and when he reaches up to rub his ear he is applying the material to his fingers. I think it goes by the name quick sort in some office supply stores.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I really like the behind the ear application. Thanks for sharing this, MagicSanta!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Thank Martin Nash!