The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ice Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Antino
View Profile
New user
South Florida
53 Posts

Profile of Antino
Whats up Café,

Does anyone know where I can find material that teaches magic with ice? ie effects where you touch something and it becomes extremely cold, you vanish something and make it reappear in an ice cube, turn water into ice, etc. Thanks

A N T I N O
+ President of The House of Flying Cards magician troupe + +
http://www.freewebs.com/hofc
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Magic of Michael Ammar, card to ice cube, calls Fist of Frost or something like that.
Steve V
sfmiraj
View Profile
New user
san fransicko, CA
45 Posts

Profile of sfmiraj
Nate Kranzo has a marketed routine that I use. Simple but a fantastic and 'logical' routine. Can't recall the title, but something like Fresh Breath.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2006 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I may be wrong, but I thought Jay Scott Berry had a routine with ice.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Chance Wolf has a killer card or bill into ice cube.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
CdnAndrew
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of CdnAndrew
In "The Magic of Michael Ammar" there are two routines using ice:
Card Cubes (I forget if that's the name, the book isn't handy) which is, if I Remember correctly, a "card to impossible location" which is an ice cube that 'forms' in your hands.
Iceman Cometh: I forget the whole routine, but basically, the selected card is removed from the card box, but is frozen within a block of ice that is the same size as an entire deck.

Again, it's been a while since I flipped through that book and it's at home (I'm away at Univ. right now) so hopefully someone will verify / correct me!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
You might want to check out this discussion:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=46

In there you'll find a post I made about a little something I call "Ice Ice Maybe". It's a short PDF download about the little something I found for doing magic with ice.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for but I figured it's one thing you can look into.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Antino
View Profile
New user
South Florida
53 Posts

Profile of Antino
Thanks you guys, really appreciate all the info
William Mullins
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of William Mullins
I have find 2 new effects with ice in a french website.It's in french but they have videos.
Ice lollipop wich is a borowed ring, you make it vanish and it reappears inside a sealled ice lollipop (mr freeze like). http://www.magicboutique.com/product_inf......_id=1066

Ice Maker: You put watter on a box (the Ice maker) and when you open it you have snow, then you put what they call "power system -20° Celcius, and when you open it again you have an ice cube. http://www.magicboutique.com/product_inf......_id=1065
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2006-11-10 19:06, tbaer wrote:
I may be wrong, but I thought Jay Scott Berry had a routine with ice.

He uses dry ice. He does his performances showing the mist from dry ice.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Rocco uses it close up..Cordially,Howard
Antino
View Profile
New user
South Florida
53 Posts

Profile of Antino
Hmm...here are some ice effects I think would be dope, let me know if any of these actually exist on the market:

-The performer spits on the ground, but before the spit hits the ground it turns into a shard of ice.
-The performer holds a borrowed ring in left hand, throws a blueish ice-fireball with the right hand at the ring, and the ring is all of a sudden frozen in an ice cube.
-The performer drops some water onto his palm with a straw, and visibly the puddle on the palm hardens into a piece of ice
-The performer takes holds his palms close together. A small blue orb begins to manifest, suspended between the performer's palms. The orb begins to grow, and when it is the size of a basketball, the perforer proceeds to hurl it at the spectator. The spectator is all of a sudden frozen in a block of ice. The performer then roundhouse kicks the frozen spectator, causing him/her to shatter into hundreds of pieces. The performer covers the mess with a blanket, throws a fireball of flash paper at the blanket, and the spectator is in one piece, unfrozen and unharmed. (JK hahahaha)
-
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
David Harkey had an effect in Apocolypse where you pull an ice cube out from a drink, twirl it into an icecicle, then squeeze it back into a cube.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Antino
View Profile
New user
South Florida
53 Posts

Profile of Antino
That ice effects sounds insane. I searched David Harkey Apocalypse, and it seems there are multiple volumes of it. It also seems hard to buy. Would you know which volume contains that ice effect, and where I could purchase it? thanks

A N T I N O
+ President of The House of Flying Cards + +
http://www.freewebs.com/hofc
chr!s
View Profile
Regular user
newcastle
163 Posts

Profile of chr!s
In a bar/restaraunt,take a shot glass of water,sway it into a shake as the water solidifies into ice.pm me for tips.
"you can't see your own rub-a-dub..."
-richard sanders
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
There is a gimmicked trick, Mental Ice Breaker, which provides an interesting visual way to speed up ice melting. The trick is discussed here at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Thermodynamics all the way.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Don't forget that instant snow powder stuff. Sounds like it would be fun, though I've never used it.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Dam
View Profile
New user
Brest in France
100 Posts

Profile of Dam
Watch one of the 3 videos on this site http://www.paulzenon.com
"White magic" in "caught in the act".
An ice dice stacking magic moment Smile
chr!s
View Profile
Regular user
newcastle
163 Posts

Profile of chr!s
The magic snow powder stuff is awesome,visually,not something id use for a paid performance,just something I toy with at home.awesome stuff!!
"you can't see your own rub-a-dub..."
-richard sanders
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Fists of Frost can also be found in Ammar's Easy to Master Card Magic (8? 9?)