The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Linking Soda/Beer Tabs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
Hi guys, just watched Gary Darwin's Encylopedia of TT magic, and there he presentsd a really nice effect in wich 2 beer tabs are linked together, he says this gaff will be available at penguin... but Ive been looking for it and havent found anything, any heads up on this affair?
Richard Tremblay
View Profile
Regular user
Québec, Canada
120 Posts

Profile of Richard Tremblay
David Harkey published an "ungimmicked" version many years ago in one of his lecture notes and I also think in "Simply Harkey". It was a ring linked to a soda tab. Very good. At the end, the tab is re attached to the can.

Richard
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Speaking of David Harkey. Is he still actively involved in Magic ? You never hear much about him anymore.

I'm not sure if he has his own website since a search turned up nothing but I would just like to know if he might be working on another book or other effects that might be released in the future.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Matt
Richard Tremblay
View Profile
Regular user
Québec, Canada
120 Posts

Last news I had was the was working on another book but it's a long time ago. I think that he is now involved in movie production or something like that.

Richard
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Thanks Richard for the info. It would be nice to see another book from him.

Best,
Matt
Dale A. Hildebrandt
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Dale A. Hildebrandt
There is a method for linking these tabs in one of the old Linking Ring magazines.

I forget who invented it, but it is a wonderful trick that can APPEAR impromptu. It actually takes very little set-up and once the set-up is done you can repeat the effect over and over with the same gimmick for different audiences.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
Richard Tremblay
View Profile
Regular user
Québec, Canada
120 Posts

Dale,

If I'm not mistaken, it was the David Harkey Parade.

Richard
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
David is actually doing real estate now. He lives in Washington and has done a few local commercials. Anyone who would like his contact info, drop me a pm...

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Richard Tremblay
View Profile
Regular user
Québec, Canada
120 Posts

Xander,

Thanks for the up-to-date info. Do you know if he plan to release some magic in the futur?

Richard
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
David said that he is still working on his 2nd book, but with his busy real estate schedule, he is uncertain when it will be finished.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1783 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Linking soda tabs? You mean the kind you pull off the can? I haven't seen one of those for about ten years. Nowadays, you pull the tab and it pushes into the hole so there's no litter.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Richard Tremblay
View Profile
Regular user
Québec, Canada
120 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-08-24 12:41, ross welford wrote:
Linking soda tabs? You mean the kind you pull off the can? I haven't seen one of those for about ten years. Nowadays, you pull the tab and it pushes into the hole so there's no litter.

In fact, we are referring to the tab itself. If you bend it back and forth, it come out of the can and with it, you can do the ring on soda tab.

Richard
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
About 4 months ago Gary Darwin gave Creative Magic the manufacturing rights to this effect but manufacturing pre linked soda tabs has turned out to be a process and a method of manufacturing these that is affordabel has not yet been found. Its a great idea but I am slowly losing hope that it will ever be released.

keep those fingers crossed.

B
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I know this is old but I saw Eric Leclerc did this on his youtube site and I thought it was pretty awesome.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
How about a link to his video?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
Pete: Here's the link I found -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0dLrZtA-EU
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks...he does it well.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Yeah I really liked it.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Look up the Harkey effect. It's a killer routine that incorporates a spectator's ring.
It's all in the reflexes.
sanjaya
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of sanjaya
Quote:
On 2011-04-01 10:57, Pete Biro wrote:
Thanks...he does it well.

He seems to do a lot of things well. Check out his trick a day videos. Talented guy! And fun to watch.