The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Need Recommendation on Ring/String Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Our Youth Minister recently taught the youth of the church a Ring on String (actually, a Ring on Chain) routine as an object lesson. Since then, one of the kids has become fascinated with this apparatus, and would like to learn more basic ring/string effects.

Do any of you have a recommendation on a book with a lot of ring/string/rope/chain effects that I could get him? He is an extremely bright eighth-grader who is very creative and devours books.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
I would recommend Gregory Wilsons Ring Leader,its a DVD. It uses a string and a finger ringer.Also check Variations by Earl Nelson, it has a small section on that in the book.

SIXX
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10972 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Bob millers relentless ring and string book it goes along with his video
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Jerry Mentzer's Magic With Finger Rings is great! A nice set of booklets, on R & S, was published by Mark Leveridge, but may be on video, now.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
Some years ago I read a little book by Mark Leveridge with avarage ideas, but one was outstandig, great, when he slides the borrowed finger ring through the unprepared string.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Check out a manuscript by Bob King... I contacted him directly and he has one or two left.

Google it...

Shawn
Shawn.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 15:45, Angelo the magician wrote:
Some years ago I read a little book by Mark Leveridge with avarage ideas, but one was outstandig, great, when he slides the borrowed finger ring through the unprepared string.

The ring-on move is worth the price of the routine. I modified it from the original version, so that it can be done smoothly and slowly, and it never fails to amaze.