The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Prediction clip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Edward
View Profile
New user
Denver, North Carolina
14 Posts

Profile of Edward
Hey guys,

I have been looking for some type of clip to do a prediction with. On the first season of Criss Angel's Mindfreak he did a prediction in a grocery store with a woman using a clip with a prediction of what she was going to get clipped on a piece of paper wrap around her neck. Now is this a special clip and where can I find one. I did have some ideas using a flip cell phone instead of a clip. Please leave your thoughts if you have any.
Thanks
Edward
Edward
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I don't recall, or didn't see, that episode. I'm sure it was just a bulldog clip. There are several ways to gimmick them, but considering the effect description, I doubt it was gimmicked. Normally, gimmicked bulldog clips are used for switching. There are different sources throughout mentalism literature, although I can't recall specific sources at the moment.
Do a search for "bulldog" and I'm sure you'll find something. Smile

Best
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
You can easily rig a flip cellphone into a bulldog clip. Great idea, Mr. Edward.
fib
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4758 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I recently bought Barking Dog from Hocus. I don't really see how it's an improvement of any of the old bulldog clips previously on the market, but you could use it for the trick you describe. (although it comes set up for a card revalation so you will have to modify the gimmick.)
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Allen Hayden has some great routines using the Bulldog Clip. Check out his booklets on the subject. Both The Mighty Silver Bulldog and Bulldog's and Haydenism's are excellent booklets.

I know the exact episode that you mentioned. Once I saw the bulldog clip I knew what he was going to do. BUT what was shown to the viewers at the EXACT moment when a switch would take place was not a switch at all. SO either he used a different method OR there was some clever editing. I have no clue.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
You should really check out David Harkey's "Pocket Cache". This is a utility item that is a functional, leather money clip. David includes 9 routines with it. Predictions, visual bill changes, signed card to money clip, etc.
It's a fantastic prop. Far superior to a bulldog clip.
It's all in the reflexes.
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
I don't know what kind of effect you want but Jay Sankey has a simple but killer clipped prediction with a paper clip. It doesn't play big. The folded paper can be about the size of a folded playing card.
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
Edward
View Profile
New user
Denver, North Carolina
14 Posts

Profile of Edward
Wow guys thanks for all of your input.
Edward
Edward