The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring and Rope alternative. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
A little background: I have a good rope routine as well as a good ring and rope routine. I has used my ring and rope as a segue to my rope routine, from a 3 ring routine. I have never been happy with any of my ring routines, so I had this ring and rope routine and no other reason for a ring. So here I am.

I got this Idea from Jeff Sheridan (DVD), He did a single Scissor and rope penetration. I wondered if I could perhaps do all, or at least most of my ring and rope with scissors, And I have at last been able (Four visual penetrations). I had to get heavier scissors (More expensive of course) and avoid the temptation to hack of one of the finger holes and weld on a stainless ring, but it's an idea I thought you all might like to think about.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have been thinking of a couple of concepts... one is to use one of the "Livestrong" yellow plastic rings so many wear these days. Another is to make some gaffed finger rings... stay tooned.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I think any time you can replace something odd and unneeded fro something that seems less so and perhaps more usual, you are taking better advantage of a spectators preconception.

I wonder if you would need a gaffed finger ring? I tried my penetrations with some of my wife's thinner ribbon material and my finger ring (It's a big'n though) and it worked pretty well.

Actually this is just my personal bias agin' gaffs so ignore.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.