The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: George Murray's Linking Rubber Bands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mcaltham
View Profile
New user
England
6 Posts

Profile of mcaltham
Hi,Can anyone help me out,What is the best way to take out the two linked bands from a clear force bag before a spectator takes theres,i have been practicing for weeks and I cant help but looking like I'm taking two bands.I love this trick and don't want to give it up
Cheers
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5485 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Mcaltham,
Can't help you with this particular apparatus, but based on more than a few reviews I've read and heard about this trick you may want to look into some other methods, such as those in Dan Harlan's "Bandshark," or "Magic With Rubber Bands" series of DVDs, or Joe Rindfleisch's book by Stephen Minch "Elastrix 2," or Michael Ammar's Magical Arts Journal (vol. II, combined nos. 4, 5 and 6), or Joe Rindfleisch's DVD "Extreme Rubber Band Magic." The list goes on (Slydini's version, etc...). These sources (among others) will teach you to perform this miracle and many more with regular, ungimicked rubber bands, and will not require any forcing either. There's a trove of incredible rubber band magic to discover, and maybe you already know this, but if not, I encourage you to explore. Also, check out the topic in a search on the Café and you will likely be delighted at the amount of information available here.

Welcome to the Café, and best of luck!
mcaltham
View Profile
New user
England
6 Posts

Profile of mcaltham
Cheers for the info,but I don't want to go to too much expense I'm not a big band fan but I liked the trick,its the one with the "tru" linked bands that are actually linked and moulded especially for the trick,i just cant take it out of the bag naturaly.Maybee I should just forget about the bag and have a band in one hand and the gimmick in the other and continue from there
Cheers.
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Quote:
Maybee I should just forget about the bag and have a band in one hand and the gimmick in the other and continue from there

That sounds like the way to go to me. Keep it simple with fewer props and make it more innocent looking at the same time...
mcaltham
View Profile
New user
England
6 Posts

Profile of mcaltham
Any idea what else I could use the bag for,i mean other band tricks that uses a clear force bag
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
If you don't see any use for the prop, maybe you shouldn't use it.
Katterfel22
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, NC
130 Posts

Profile of Katterfel22
I'm not positive but I think there is a version in "The Book or Don't Forget to Point" by the flicking fingers in which they use rubber bands out of a mass dumped into the spectator's hands.
Ok positive now. The routine is called snap shot. It may have the info you are looking for there.
Cave ab homine unius libri - Latin epigram
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
You can buy the bands pre-made?!?! And I've been taking the painstaking time to do it m'self. grrrr

Anyway, lose the bag. A simple in-the-hands switch is all I've ever used.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�