The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Bursting my balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I've had a needle through balloon for two months, and although everyone I have seen perform this trick seems to have no trouble, I am bursting two out of three balloons on entering. I have tried both the balloons that came with the needle and some I bought from a shop but I am still bursting balloons. Is this usual?

Blowing up the balloons before use, the entry point doesn't look as thick on some as on others. Sometimes small spots!
If I blow up the balloon before using it can it weaken the balloon?

Could I have got some old balloons? And can someone recommend a U.K. supplier? (One they have used)
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
How are you greasing the needle? Cordially,Howard
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I didn't mention the lubrication !
the only time I forgot to grease the needle it went through okay but the friction was terible. It really took some pushing through !

Another question -
if I blow up the balloon the spot I'm aiming for gets bigger and the pressure becomes greater. Does the pressure have an effect on possible bursts ?
I read somewhere that any balloon can be used if its only half inflated but that isn't true !!
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Wipe on a little baby oil. They will pop on occasion, always have a backup.
I never used anything but clear balloons
POOF!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sounds like you are blowing up the balloon to maxium expansion. Enter next to the nozzle and out the pimple. Apply light coating for each performance.

Is your tip sharp? After repeated use or mis-handling you may bend the tip. You will have to get a sharping stone from the hardware store for this.

Doug Henning made this a modern day classis effect when he performed it on national TV. A good follow-up is the Flexible Mirror. Another classic that never sold till Henning did it on television.

Good Luck!!