The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Cubio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
I just took out my brass cubio (I got it from my parents 35 years ago) and was toying with it. (Dice with different colors slide on string until spectator says stop!) Anyone got any good presentation ideas?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5485 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Angelo,
I'm re-thinking a well-received routine I used to perform, and will follow up with you once I have it on paper. It was originally an ESP symbol routine but can easily be adapted to the colors of your Cubio. Coupled with an effect that is probably more popularly known as "Chinese Prediction" it will possibly be a winner for you.

BTW... Welcome to the Café.

Best regards,
Evan (aka Magiguy)
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Thank you Eva - I look forward hearing from you!

Best regards from wonderful Vienna!

Angelo
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Sorry, I wrote your name wrong!

Thanks Evan!
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Wow. Haven't thought about this one in a long time. This was the first trick I ever did - for my sixth grade class in what seems like a life-time ago.

As I recall, I talked a bit about influencing objects with the mind and then would make the cube stop on command, then restart. I think I finished with the spectator telling it when to stop and then handing it out for examination. Mind over matter, as they say.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
You can also use the Cubio & string as a pendulum...
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Nice idea Julie!