The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Vox Box Alternative? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Could some one please point in the right direction here....
I used to have a card case (rattle box) where you squeeze the sides to release the "noise."
When you the "dump out" the ring you can show the card box empty and silent.
I thought this was the vox box??
Anyway, I lost my original, so ordered the vox box, only to be very disappointed!
Anyone know where I can pick up my original item as I described it?
Thanks for your time and help.
matt

Posted: Mar 27, 2006 3:33pm
------------------------------------------
Actually, I think my original box, was made slightly bigger .
It wasn't noticeable really, and more importantly, the "rattle" never got stuck.
Also, I believe that the box was made more plastic, than card, therefore lasting a lifetime
unless you lose it like I have!
Anyone had one of these, or know where to get them?
Thanks again.
matt
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
The "Vox Box Plus" was recently released, perhaps the new one you got was the not the original model...

Derek Merdinyan
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Sorry, so you lost your old one, which was made better 'quality' wise?

Thanks,

Tanner
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
The old one by far
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I don't think it was magnetic
it never stuck like the vox box does!
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
The Lighting Box the Vox box and the new version of the Vox box all used the same gimmick inside The new version however does come with a more traditional box stock which will allow to last a lot longer then the plastic. The problom with the older version was the top openning of the box where you open and close the box would just break off just by normal use. So Magicsmith went for a better longer lasting stock.
If you are still having problems with getting the shim stuck and it wont come undone Shake it like you are getting the lost drop of water out of a box it will come un done. trust me....
cheers chris
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4720 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
You might want to consider my Ultimate Rattle Purse, which comes with an instructional DVD. PM me for details, and if you send me your e mail, I will send you out a price list with all information.
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
If you're looking for a quality rattle box, I'd suggest you'd check Viking's:

http://www.vikingmagiccompany.com/?nd=full&key=25

You really cant go wrong with Viking/Collectors Workshop, their quality is superb. I am very much in love with all my Viking/CW props. And the rattle box is good, used one for years.
Sent from my Typewriter