The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Is this Cyril performing Mercuring? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
quanfer
View Profile
New user
Milpitas, CA
63 Posts

Profile of quanfer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGdrr-jCb......l%20ring

I was wondering if that effect is sankey's mercuring. Thanks for any input
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Somewhat.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't believe so. When Cyril did this for me LIVE he said "I want to show you MY newest thing." He had previously shown it to Dean Dill and I asked him about it and if Cyril was going to market it. Dean said, "Not right now, but later." Cyril is waiting at least one year before he moves his tv efforts to the U.S.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Let me expand on what I meant by "somewhat." The effect is the same, a ring passes thru one finger and onto another. The method is a bit different. Cyril doesn't use the Mercuring, but I would assume he used it as a starting point.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Cyril is coming to the US to make TV specials? Sweet...
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
A specially engineered ring makes it all so simple.... Great performance (as usual) from Cyril though.
Tell you what, the big black guy on stage speaking fluent rapid chinese just dosent gel!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He may not "gel" to you, but I believe he (and others Cyril has on his shows) is well known there.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Mike, would it gel if the big black guy was speaking normally paced Japanese rather than rapid Chinese?
Steve V
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I love that big black dude. Smile His name is Bobby and I think he's sort of one of the co-hosts of the program and a friend of Cyril's; his facial expressions are hilarious and his raw enthusiasm is awesome. Of course he gels; having a big giant black dude speaking fluent Japanese challenges preconceptions the same way as Cyril's magic.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
solidoak
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of solidoak
So did Cyril copy Sankey's idea... or did Sankey snatch Cyril's? Or did they both get the idea from someone else?
Just curious,
Rick
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
I don't want to make this thread about Bobby but Bobby is very rarely on TV if at all these days. He punched out his manager and was blacklisted. True story.

Simon
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Was his manager speaking Chinese in a rapid manner?
Steve V
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Smile I think we have to nominate Steve V as the funniest guy on here this month. You just continue to kill me. Smile
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Isn't me, it is those that open the doors...can't blame me for wandering through it!
Steve V <---doesn't have a clue who this Bobby is
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Solid Oak, the mercuring idea was in "Greater Magic" for a ring off string... it's an OLD idea!
Paul
solidoak
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of solidoak
Thanks Paul. Everything old is new again, right?
Rick
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
Could someone please pm me if it's possible to do an effect which looks more or less like Mercuring/Cyril's (ring moves from finger to finger) with a Himber ring? Perhaps if one was gimmicked and one ungimmicked?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
You could only do that on a tiny baby's hands.