The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Electronic ITRs: UFC, ESR, etc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wspi
View Profile
New user
Canada
3 Posts

Profile of wspi
Greetings!

Any thoughts (other than cost) around these devices?

They seem like overkill, but provide a slew of new opportunities.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Smile

WSP.
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
They seem money on the demos, but for that money just learn to get good with an ITR or other simpler hookups without having to deal about maintenance, etc.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I bought an ESR about six months ago. I only paid $55 to a user through eBay. It only took a week and what I thought was a steal, I wished someone would steal from me!

I never could get it to work. Good luck!
William Holcomb
Joedy
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Joedy
What about those Z-Webs? Are they any better for ITR work?
Mister Hyde
View Profile
New user
New York City
87 Posts

Profile of Mister Hyde
Z-webs are just used to store IT, I think. Once its' used it is discarded, not reeled back ala ITR.
Pinky
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, Canada
49 Posts

Profile of Pinky
I personally like the LeClair Animator. It allows total control over the IT at all times. I also keep an ITR on as a back-up, but have not used it in some time (I should actually check to make sure it still works right).

Also, if you get the Jon LeClair book, it will take you through many of the nuances of using thread.

-Dave Cross
Dave Cross

"The problem with being better than everyone else is that people tend to think you're pretentious."
MxJoKeR
View Profile
Regular user
Nowhere, Oklahoma
173 Posts

Profile of MxJoKeR
I don't prefer any type of reel because of the problem I've had with tangling and IT doesn't like to untangle. I say just take a card or something, wrap a few around it, and take off. Or for you guys with toys, Z-web is much simpler than reels.
Do or Do-Not, There is no try--Yoda