The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Help needed 4 one handed knot in shoelace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
madmanmike1
View Profile
New user
Canada (Ontario)
94 Posts

Profile of madmanmike1
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a half decent set of instructions for tying a one handed knot. I am trying to do Bob Miller's Relentless routine, and while his routine is great- his instructions for the one handed knot are woefully deficient. Also before anyone responds with the version in Mark Wilson's encyclopedia, it's knot that version (ha ha!) What i need is the version where you hold the lace with just your first two fingers and the bulk of the lace runs out the back of your hand (then apparently you jerk your hand up and down and chop the lace as it whips past your hand). Any help would be apreciated as this is an important slight to master for the Relentless routine.
Thanks
Madman Mike Smile
"it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide!"
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'm working on that routine myself and I've skipped that part for now.

I may produce the "Achoo" knot (i forget the name of it) that Daryl uses in his rope routine until I get the one-handed one down that you speak of.

For me, there's no sense in waiting unitl I get that down before getting the rest down pat.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
KORKEY
View Profile
New user
WINSTON-SALEM, NC
2 Posts

Profile of KORKEY
With your palm facing up, I drape the lace/rope over my first 3 fingers so that it falls between my thumb and little finger. Then turn your hand halfway over so that your fingers are pointing to the audience and half of the lace/rope is falling over the back of your hand and the other half is falling over your palm. With a snap of the wrist, you want to grab the rope that is falling over the back of your hand between your pointer and index finger. This will cause the knot to slide down the lace/rope.

With a little practice it works great. I've even had kids stand close to me and they can't see what I'm doing.

Hope this helps.