The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring Flight - Question on the feature of Ring Flight which has locking positions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi Guys:

I am interested in Ring Flight with locking positions and would appreciate if someone could clarify the following:

a) Lets take one Flight as an example - "Sterling Ring Flight".

Link: http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1

The description of Sterling Ring Flight indicates that it "locks in 3 positions".

May I know the meaning and function of "lock" and what role does it play in the performance of ring flight effects?

Does it mean that I could pull the c*** before hand, lock it (so that the line does not retract), place the c*** somewhere to my convenience, then when I get the ring, I will place the ring into the c***, give the line a tug (is the tug required? Or is there other mode of releasing the "lock"), and the line will retract by itself.

The above is my understanding after consultation with an experienced pro.
However, do all "locking" features work like what is mentioned above?

If yes, what advantage does locking in "three" positions help the performance of ring flight? Is there really a need to lock at "three" positions?

Wouldn't locking at one position be sufficient?

b) Does performance of "Sterling Ring Flight" (mentioned above) require a coat/jacket? If it is not required, does it mean that T-Shirt clothing will do (eg. perform at the street)

Thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ring Flite as mentioned above does require a jacket of some type. Weither you use the lock or not. There are a few different ways of handling so the jacket just helps present it to the best.

I can think of one handling that you may use to not wear a jacket of some type.