The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Sources for magicians "M" ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Hello, I am looking for sources on where to obtain for the magician's "M" or wishbone ring (not a trick ring but the one you wear). I can't seam to locate one anywhere on line. Furthermore does anyone know about the history and origins of these rings. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I went on Google and saw many sites for "Wishbone" Rings, but I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. These are diamond rings.
Are you thinking of the ring that has open links and as you turn it, it appears to change size?
Tannens has it, but I am not sure if they call it that.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Nucinud, Thanks for trying to help. I am looking for an ungaffed, magicians "M" ring that are often worn my magicians. I don't have any photos of one but if you look at the Annotaed Erdnase pp. 244 and 245 you'll see what I mean. That's not even a very good example, I'll try to post a picture of what I mean. Thanks very much for your help. - Mark
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Look here. For some further information on the ring, see this thread.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
590 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Here is a source for the "M" ring.

Just in time for Christmas, a newly released "catalogue" of magic themed jewelry brought to you by the trio of Harriet Jacobson, Gay Blackstone & Robbie Wilmarth, founders of BJW magic jewelry. Contact StormyMagi@aol.com for an electronic catalog.
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Thanks guys for the above resources. I appreciate it- Mark

William Butler Yeats