The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Resealed Card Case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ron Slater
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Ron Slater
Hello,

I recall a product on the market a number of years ago that provided you with the materials to make a deck of cards appear as though it came right off the shelf (plastic wrapper and the works). Does anyone know if this is still available and where?

Thank You,

Ron Slater
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
The stuff I got was from Showcase Magic in Salt Lake City. I don't know if they are still around, but that is who put it out.

John
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Darwin Ortiz does a routine in which he finishes with the empty card case back in his "brand new sealed" condition. He gives his touches on how put a deck back in that condition. I don't remember the exact routine (I am not home): it is in Cardshark or At the card table (book and video).
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2250 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
It's a somewhat simple matter to remove the cellophane and be able to put it back on. A small cut on the bottom and some tape to seal it back up.

As for the seals, before I found extras of those available, I would open and reglue the box from the side or bottom. Ellusionist now carries deck seals that are the real deal. No licking or adding your own glue. Peel them off the backing, and stick them on your card box.

That's my preferred method now. Save the cellophane, and use a new seal. Even if you don't have the cellophane on there, it's still effective to have a box with a seal on it.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek