The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Can You Guys Help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
I just have a couple of quick questions. 1) Is the Dan Harlan 'Band Shark' dvd a good beginner rubberband dvd? Or would you recommend something else? This would be for a beginner to rubberband magic.

My second question, is if there is a good beginner rubberband dvd, would it be suitable for an eleven year old to learn some of the effects?

Thanks!
Mark
"Go Browns!"
JokersWild
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of JokersWild
I'm not sure about the seven year old thing but if you want some rubberband dvd info check out this thread

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......4&11
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Juggleral
Has some great advice on this subject. PM him yourself. I have the Dan Harlans dvd, I also have Pinnacle
And VInny the Godfather has some good stuff on this as well. But I think you can handle all the above.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Jokerswild,

I just want to point out that he asked about an eleven year old not a seven year old. Lot of developmental difference in four years.

As for the orginal post:

My experience has been that in some of the Beginning magic books there is rubber band effects that would easily be accessible to that age level (Magic for Dummies, etc). Mostly if there was a mentor that was teaching him.

John
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Practice makes perfect...saw this video of a "not older than" 6 years old doing a throw vanish while whistling some christmas tune! I guess it all depends on how dedicated he is...
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5488 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I think the DVDs are the way to go if you are just getting started. Some of the book descriptions can be tricky if you're new to the art. Harlan's work ranks among my favorite. Bandshark is fun to watch and easy to learn. His Rubber Band Magic series is equally fun with so many cool ideas and variations you are sure to feel that you spent your money wisely, even if you only invest in one of them. Slydini and Ammar have some cool ideas but the explanations in print are a bit difficult to follow if it's your first venture. I also give very high marks to Joe Rindfleisch's DVD (he was also the star of Elastrix vol.2). I'm a big fan of rubber band magic and highly encourage you to explore and experiment. Have fun!
YVRDave
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
104 Posts

Profile of YVRDave
I found The Band-Shark the be very easy to understand and follow, and would recommend it