The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Is there such a thing as a no ditching Pen Through?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
fengenroll
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
226 Posts

Profile of fengenroll
I have the Ultimate pen through, and the stealth pen, but I'm constantly looking for improvements.
There are tons of "Pen through bill" tricks out, so I was wondering if there is one of these where you don't have to "ditch" something for it to be examinable??

Any ideas?

F.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Are you interested in impromptu, gimmickless versions? Or, are you more interested in a gimmicked pen that retains an impossible-for-spectator-to-find gimmick?
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Cornelius' "perfect pen" fits the bill.
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Jay Sankey's "Dough". You might kick yourself when you get it, but its completely impromptu and everything is borrowed. It can be done with a pen or pencil or ANYTHING that resembles one. If performed correctly, it kills.
Just my 2 cents...
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I have to agree with the Perfect Pen...
John
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
I've never felt getting rid of the pen was a big deal. When I was bartending I often used Cornelius' Pen Through Anything which came with a duplicate examinable pen. As I performed it the focus wasn't on the pen, it was on the destruction of the spectators bill and it's subsequent restoration. My presentation involved the possibility that the spectators bill was counterfit, that there is a special marker you can use to test the bill, but I'd worked out a way to test the bill with any pencil or pen. I then grabbed a seemingly random pen out of a can with pencils and pens sitting on the bar and proceeded to pierce their bill with the pen. In order to restore the bill I used both hands which provided the motivation of sticking the pen in my pants pocket. While I always had the duplicate pen in my pocket in case someone asked to see it, not a single person ever did. All the heat was on their restored bill which I returned. They would closely examine their restored bill and show it around, but again, the pen was never questioned. After performing it awhile I even thought about not even having the dupe in my pocket but opted to continue having it there just in case.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
The Executive Pen does not require any ditch.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 08:38, Jonathan P. wrote:
Cornelius' "perfect pen" fits the bill.

Pun intended?
Sankey's Dough uses the Sankey/Harlan method. Dan has his handling (without a post-it note) on both Early Harlan and Ultimate Impromptu Magic vol. 2.
The pen through dollar is probably the most ripped off product (see the link in my signature).
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
For my needs, every pen that I've tried is inferior to Cornelius' original Pen Through Anything (the first one he marketed, that looked similar to a black Mont Blanc). Switching has not been an issue for me.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Misleading mislead is a verion that has no gimicks but it may not be what you are looking for. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.rorris......lead.wmv . There is a demo for it but I have a sneaky feeling it is not what you are looking for.

Alan
fengenroll
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
226 Posts

Profile of fengenroll
Not that the "ditching" part is a problem for me, it's just that I got a tip from a fellow magi that there is a marked effect without this part.
I loved the idea that it was possible to perform this effect as clean as it can be, and Cornelius' Perfect pen was just the one I was looking for..

F.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5488 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hi. I just saw (and commented on) a similar item that you can find in the Close-Up Worker's forum under "Show Me The Money." Look for the "Best Borrowed Pen Through Borrowed Bill" topic.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use the version made by Empire. Although you have to steal out the gimmick, it's so easy that most people could do it after a few tries. I've never had anyone ask to see my hand - why would they? They're concentrating on examining the bill, although the pen is also on the table.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hi!

I have to agree wih Jonton with regards to 'Dough!'.

You can read my review here, if you like:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......5&47
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Tenyo's pen penetration is a none ditch, and it's more examinable than the Perfect Pen from Cornelius (but guess what, it's plastic!). Plus their is a nice handling that comes with it.
Paul