The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Levitating Beer Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
alekz
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
86 Posts

Profile of alekz
Hello,

I recently saw an effect where a magician was sitting on a table and levitated a standing bottle while his hands were besides the bottle.
He can't have used IT, and bottles don't know about Balducci.
I'd love to use this effect from time to time.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to find further information on it, or can tell me the method?

Thanks in advance.
alekz
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
86 Posts

Profile of alekz
Okay, I got the hint it was Erik von Markovik, aka Mystery.
He calls it the "Power Levitation Principle".
Too bad his webpage, embracetheunknown.com is down.
Has anyone heard of this method?
TheFourWinds
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of TheFourWinds
Fearson had his hands to the side and he could float a cigarette. Think outside the box.
alekz
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
86 Posts

Profile of alekz
Cigarettes are easy when you use IT.
Do you know how Fearson did it, and is his method transferable to heavier objects?
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Go to Royal Magic and do a search for "Universal Floating Gimmick."
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Mr Ron Jaxon performs something like that on his website, and he actually takes a sip from the bottle after it levitates all the way up to his mouth...search the Café Smile you can do it!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
IF you want to see the video that has a portion of my "Light beer" routine with a floating can. You can see it at this URL:

http://www.magicjax.com/jaxon-magic.avi

Or in the video demos page on my site. That video is just a few clips of some of my things but at the end you see me make a soda can float a little. It's just part of the longer routine "Light beer".

This is obviously done with a can but it could be done with a bottle too. It does use Fearson's hook up.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
themagicofjoseph
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of themagicofjoseph
Very nice video! I loved the two of clubs ( made with marker ) appear behind the other drawn card. Never saw that before. Nice
Magically,
Joseph
alekz
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
86 Posts

Profile of alekz
Okay, thanks for mentioning Steve Fearson. I didn't know about him before, I'll definitely check out some of his stuff.
But still, I don't know what a hook up is. Can someone give me some information about it?
fantasia
View Profile
New user
Texas, USA
2 Posts

Profile of fantasia
Alekz, Hi
A hook up is a method for making an object float either by IT or other ways.
For example, basic float of a dollar bill may be done by IT. But the Firefly or Zombie effect is not done by IT ie other hook up. But there are many accomplsihments on hook ups with IT. Fearson with his cigarette routine is pretty good, Hummingbird card is another.
As for non IT hook ups, look into Asrah which can be done with IT or non IT depending on what is levitating.
Well I hope this helps. best of luck to you and your magic...
kirko
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of kirko
If his hands didn't move away from the sides of the beer bottle, I believe it was probably the Universal Levitator as posted above. I believe Vernet makes a good one and its only a few bucks....
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
I prefer downing a beer to levitating one.

Ba-da- Boom. Smile
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Drink enough and you'll feel like YOU'RE levitating.
EndlessWonders
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of EndlessWonders
All I can say is that if you are that interested in performing this effect is check out Steve Fearson's Website

http://www.downloadmagic.com/indexx.htm?code=S01

I hope this helps
Chris Hickmott

"Cross Into Another Dimension"
www.endlesswonderproductions.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Has anyone really fooled anyone with the Universal Floating Gimmick? I mean it appears obvious unless you are lifting something heavy. Perhaps I am thinking like a magi here. Speaking of heavy, what is the heaviest object it will lift?