The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Online sources for spandex thread? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
FilipinoFreak
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of FilipinoFreak
I've beed a lurker in these for forums for sometime. Magic is a hobby and I've been playing around with IT for awhile. I've been using wooly nylon as my IT source and it is perfect for the types of effects I do. I want to try to work with elastic thread and loops. I read about using spandex thread as a source for elastic IT, but I haven't had any luck finding a source. I've scoured eBay for several weeks and can't find any local sources. I live in Hawaii and its not surprising that I can't find it, pitfall of living in paradise Smile Googling "spandex thread" is useless as I can't find a site where I can purchase anything. Mostly indeustrial and trade sites. I really need some help sourcing this thread. Thanks for the help!

-Chris
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Chris,

Welcome to the Café. Nice of you to emerge from the sahdows into the daylight.

FYI, here is some info from the Café on Elastic Thread.

Quote:
On 2004-10-13 20:20, McScratchy wrote:
Hey Guys! For anyone who is interested...if you do a search for Dorlastan Spandex thread on eBay you will find that a user named Sarah is selling huge spools of it. This stuff is identical to the stuff that you get from the dealers. If you were to buy one sp**l of this t****d you would have enough to start your own IE shop. Thousands of yards. These sp**ls are 6 inches in diameter! check out the pictures. There aren't many of them so if you are an IE user it would be wise to snatch one up from this lady. I did. Did I mention that one spool only costs $6?! That is a fraction of the cost of what you get from some dealers and you get about a thousand times more of the stuff for it. This IE comes pretty thick and can be stripped down to more thinner strands. So in addition to the rediculous length...multiply that by 3 or 4 and now you have an idea of how much IE we are talking about. It of course must be colored like all other elastic threads.

Posted: Oct 13, 2004 11:40pm
----------------------------------------
I should also mention that making loops is very easy and should not cost you anything. PM me if you want a surefire method of tying them with no "equipment."
This knowledge combined with the amount of IE you would get from this source will have you moving stuff for the rest of your life.

Quote:
On 2004-12-07 16:50, brownbeauty wrote:
I sell the exact same item! I stock it in my L.A. Warehouse. Price is $6.25 per package plus shipping.

email me @ rudy@arkaytextiles.com

Rudy

For your info, these two posts came off of a Café thread that discussed IET. The title of the topic was "Huge Supply of IE". Here's the full link: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=113

Hope this helps.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
FilipinoFreak
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of FilipinoFreak
Thanks for the info Turk! I did search the Café and read that exact thread to mentioned, but I guess I missed the post by the textile guy. I'm about to shoot them an email. Even though the post was made last year, hopefully they can still help me out.

-Chris