The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Help with Ganson's "The Art of Close Up Magic" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
I recently bought a used copy of this fabulous book, which I'm enjoying greatly. Unfortunately, due to a printing error, several pairs of pages are blank:

114/115
118/119
122/123
126/127

This means I have incomplete descriptions and/or methods for "Unfair Shake" by Horace Bennett, "Spots and Paddle" by Frederica and "Sympathetic Matches" by Bento.

If someone can help me out, could you please PM me?

Many thanks
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Foucault...PM'd you.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
What a great book this is...and Unfair Shake by Horace Bennett...far as I'm concerned, it's the best effect of this type...I've been doing it for close to 35 years now!

Mike
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
I thought I could do without the missing effects, but the little snippets of Unfair Shake I saw looked too intriguing to miss!
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Kudos to mrunge for going above and beyond!

Any other recommendations from this book? I'm currently reading it cover to cover, but I'd love to hear about others' success or otherwise "in the field" with effects from Ganson's book.

What does anyone think about the Brema nut material? It seems that the routines were chosen specifically to eliminate the use of a handkerchief (which seems fine in this day and age when many do not carry one), but replaces it with "behind the back" work. Any thoughts?