The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Which Double-Sided Tape Is Best? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
For my applications (sticking on coins and skin), I need a stronger stick than available with Scotch's "Permanent Double Sided" Cat. 137. "Removable Double-Coated”. Stock 667 is an improvement, but can someone recommend a tape that hold better?
In 'Constantly Fooling' David Regal has a whole section on excellent applications. He recommends the 2nd tape I mentioned and says it is the same as "Removable Double-Coasted " Stock 667. I think it would work fine on cards, but maybe dice and coins need something different?
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Go to an artists supply store.
They sell acrylic paint there.
(Good stuff also)
Ask for transfer tape.
It comes in two varities and several widths.
It is almost invisible when applied.
It is strong and can be used multiple times.
One of its advantages is that it can be pulled off and reapplied.
I use it in many places and is part of the new lecture I am doing.
One could produce 4 DVDs on what could be done with this stuff.
Al Schneider
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Great! I appreciate your prompt reply that seems to finally put an end to to my searching. Thanks also for your many past contributions to Magic and the neat web site I just found and will be exploring further on "World Magic Center." http://www.worldmagiccenter.com/index2.htm
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2006 Posts

Profile of tbaer
If you want cards to stick together and be able to pull them apart there is an adhesive spray called Artswork or Artworks (I forget) which does that. You can get it at any department store.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
How about that David Regal! His Sticky transpo is one of my favorite card effects. I use removeable poster tape, #109. I like it becuase it's not too sticky, and for that particular effect, it's perfect.

Mr. Schneider, I'll check out the transfer tape sounds like interesting stuff. Thanks for the tip!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I am wondering if that "transfer tape" would be efficacious in the jumbo card effect "Royal Fantasy" )Lubor Fiedler sp?) I've tried the removable double stick tape, but it is unsatisfactory for this application and have been searching for an alternative.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
I use the 3M double sided type.
Very good even after washing.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I just use scotch 3M Permanent Double Sided. Works fine for me.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
After reading Al Schneider's tip, I visited a trophy shop. They charged me $12.50 for what may be a partially used roll, but it is a lifetimes worth and substantially more adhesive than either of the two 3M DS'd Scotch tapes. Inside the reel, it says: The Source, a division of Wholesale Trophies, Inc. 800-433-2375. I wouldn't be surprised if you found a shop or other outlet that charged less. I am just happy to have completed my search for a strong temporary adhesive.
gadget19
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
31 Posts

Profile of gadget19
Does anyone know where on line (and if the store will ship overseas to military) I can get good double sided tape to use on my flipper?? I've found a few places but oddly enough won't ship to either a military APO or a PO box...