The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Looking for a source for Ascanio style mini-knives (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
I am looking for a source of Ascanio style mini-knives. I would appreciate any valid leads. Thanks in advance.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Try Joe Mogar.

Mike
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1228 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Do you have pictures of theses knifes?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Joe hs a picture on his website...they are beautiful...and pricey...but well worth it!

Mike
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
And I've been looking for the Jose de la Torre Smash Climax knives for eons...I wish they were still produced.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
And I've been looking for the Jose de la Torre Smash Climax knives for eons...I wish they were still produced.

Me too Larry...I'm almost afraid to leave the house with my set in fear of losing them.

Mike
npm37
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of npm37
Asper,
Are these the same knives that Daryl sells? If so, you could probably get them from his website.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
You could also try Wizardcraft magic. They have the Mogar mini knives here .

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
The mogar knives are not the Ascanio style! I'm looking for very tiny knives. I have a set of the Jose DeLa Torre knives in all white. I'm looking for something similar in a variety of colors. (I don't want to paint my set that I have since I use the smash climax all white for a separate trick).

Any leads?
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of jmagic
Joe Mogar is now in the process on manufacturing the exact knives you are looking for. These are the Ascanio Type Smash Climax knives. They are 3/4 long and are in 10 different colors. Keep checking his website http://www.joemogar.com They should appear and be available in 6 weeks or so. Keep checking as they might be available sooner.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Jmagic, thanks so much for the info. Do you have any idea how much these will run?
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Over the years I bought dozens of packages of Jose de la Torre Smash Climax knives (I bought a lot of them because I always gave away a knife as a souvenir at the conclusion of the CCK effect) and each package contained a variety of colors. I'll definitely buy the new Mogar-made Smash Climax knives if they don't have visible posts on their sides like his Mini Knives do, and it would be even nicer if they were inexpensive so that I could again hand out the miniatures as souvenirs, but I doubt that as I'm sure his knives will be hand-made whereas the Jose de la Torre ones weren't.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
The ones I have are all white. Wanna trade?
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

I just talked to Joe Mogar and there's great news! As mentioned above, he'll be releasing knives soon that will be very similar to the long-unavailable Smash Climax knives that Jose de la Torre marketed and Joe's knives should be very reasonably priced.