The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Custom Fabrication - having a gimmick/prop custom made (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
aka alias
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of aka alias
I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with any of these custom fabricators of magic gimmicks. I need something made, other than coins, and the precision needs to be exacting.

Let me know if you have used their services and your opinion on the quality of their work.

They are:

Joe Porper
Thomas Wayne
Roy Kueppers

Thanks for your help. You can email or private message me.
2003 user
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of 2003 user
I have deal with them. Joe Proper is the best.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I have dealt with two of them the other my friend has. I can tell you THEY ALL make SUPERIOR QUALITY gimmicks. Roy is a master craftsmen in coin work, I am waiting for my walking libert coin set (shells) and a copper silver coin. What exactly do you need made and then I can tell you which one would be best for you?
Justin Miller
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Try to find a retired Tool & Die maker. They can make anything to exact measurements. Viking magic will consider making gimmicks, but wants drawings.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I dealt with Auke Van Dokkum (www.cupsandballs.nl) and his did a great job too.

I once looked for a metal worker (well, I don't konw the word in english, but a man who own the prcision tools to work on metal) Working on such things was a pleasure for him. He told me a price at the begining, which was pretty nice. But afterwards, he told me that he spent way more time that he planned. So, he stayed on the price but told me that next time, it would be more expansive...
Mike Ching
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu, Hawaii
192 Posts

Profile of Mike Ching
* SEEKING PLASTICS MANUFACTURER

Aloha

I have several Designs I am looking to mass produce for sale and could use some advice:

Seeking anyone with experience with/contact to a Blow-Molding manufacturer who can create a moderate sized simple shape mold for reasonable price, then produce in small quantities of 300 to 500.

Maybe someone with their own machine as a side business and into magic as well. Would really appreciate your thoughts, ideas and leads.

I have been looking for some years now and concluded I cannot modify an existing object, and must produce the item on my own. A quality small outfit in Hawaii, Calif, Vegas or even Asia may work out best.

Much Thanks;
Mike Ching

Stage/Closeup/Designer/EFX
"Da BiG KaHuna" (2007 Pres./Hawaii IBM)
Past Pres. Hawaii SAM & "Illusions Unlimited" (Hawaii Teenage Magicians)
Author: "New Animations: -The Dancing Handkerchief Book"
IBM Intl. Website of the Year: HawaiiMagicClub.Com