The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ninja Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kyle Hohn
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Kyle Hohn
I am thinking about getting these are they any good?
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Well the rings are very good. The routine is also very good.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Yes, I highly recommend them also Shoot Ogawa's amazing routine on the Ninja Rings. I have read from the Café that one of the draw backs is that you need a table. But do a search and esp. check out Frank Starsini's postings on this topic.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
No you can skip the table if needed. You can modify his routine to fit your environment. I construct my routine shorther and it's still very effective and impressive to the laymen.
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I see you have recently joined us. Be advised that this routine demands a lot of work. Think MONTHS. I myself am in the learning process now. I am looking forward to the day when I can present this properly. It´s very beautiful.

I have also knocked out the table moves, thanks to good advice from those wiser than I.

There are many posts on this. You will find a wealth of information if you conduct a search.

Best of luck.

José.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I am going to disagree, somewhat, with Jose.

It took me about 1 month to get the routine down. I simply broke it down into sections, just as in the DVD. When I mastered one, I moved on and added the next, and so on. That way you continue practicing each move everyday, adding new sections as you go.

Also, I think the table moves are great. The spin link does require more care to master, and it is something that won't be perfect 100% of the time, but the reactions I get are worth it. I *strongly* advise you to learn and use the spin link, skipping it only when the performing situation demands. Once you get it down, you will have a *wonderful* move, and it will be there for you whenever you like!

What helped me most on the spin link was allowing the ring to slow down a fair amount before linking it.

My 2 cents.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I agree with Mark. I have been working on this routine for about a week now, and have all the moves down, with the exception of the one arm blocked link. I can do all the moves quite nicely. I think the rest of the month will be necessary to make this beautiful. It is a beautiful routine and should not be presented unless the performer can do it beautifully. This routine is difficult but not impossible.
I think Mark nailed this one.

Go for it!
rmaxgoodwin.com
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I think it's important to note that everyone learns at different paces, and in differnet ways... Magic Maven, I think it was you that I saw perform some coin matrix work at the Magic Castle...David Roth Lecture. Be advised that you are one helluva talented young man... not everyone, including myself can learn a routine such as ninja rings in a week!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Well that is true that some learn at different paces, good point. I wouldn't consider myself done with the Ninja rings, I just have all but one of the moves down pat with except one. The patter, I haven't even started. And it doesn't look beautiful yet, which it should be.

I am glad you liked the matrix.
rmaxgoodwin.com
cardandcoin
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of cardandcoin
Check out jeff McBrides video on the rings
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Rumor has it, there is an underground routine called Ring by George Wang........You didn't hear it from me, but it's sexy as hell........
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
W.F. Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of W.F. Lewis
Quote:
On 2005-08-01 19:35, Godhandz wrote:
....Wang........You didn't hear it from me, but it's sexy as hell........

oooohhh la la...... Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2005-08-01 19:35, Godhandz wrote:
Rumor has it, there is an underground routine called Ring by George Wang .....You didn't hear it from me, but it's sexy as ........

Please don't tell us MORE, would ya?

Just type it in right here. We won't tell it's you. Promise!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
If you're ever lucky enough to corner either Kainoa Harbottle or Curtis Kam, force em to do it for you.........

However, until his routine is finally released, check out George Wangs Website:
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/magicgeorge/george.htm
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
))) PLINK (((

Whooooops! Is that the sound of a bean hitting the floor?

))) PLUNK (((

Hey, there goes another one!

))) PLOONK PLOONK (((

Uh oh. I'm gettin' outta here...
John Pendleton
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of John Pendleton
I was thinking of getting a traditional 8 ring set 10" or 12".

If we can ignore the venue for a second - would I be missing anything not having the Nija Rings instead ? I assumed they were "the same" on a small scale, no ?
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
In general yes. They are guite good quality though. Also, there is no visible seams in the rings, with the exception of the obvious one in the key.
rmaxgoodwin.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You'll have more flexibility with a standard size 8 ring set. The "Ninja" routine only uses four (or five?) rings.

By buying the Ninja rings you're also eliminating some good ring moves that are only possible with larger rings. For example, you can't hang the spare rings on your arm or shoulder as you do in Haydn's and Capehart's routines. You can't loop one over your head as you do with Jeff McBride's handling. You won't be able to perform Cellini's "Lord and Master of the Rings" moves. In short, pretty much all you can do with Ninja Rings is... Ninja Rings. With the full size set, nearly every routine ever written is available to you.

If this is your first ring purchase, I'd go for the full size set, 10" or larger, and wait a while before buying anything smaller.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
You can do some of the Lord and Master of the Rings moves. Just smaller. A couple don't play quite so well and you can't hit the same applause positions, but you can do them.

I do agree though, bite the bullet and get the full size set. You will have more flexibility.

On the other hand, try that one handed link with a set of 12" rings, go ahead. I broke a finger practicing it.
John Pendleton
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of John Pendleton
Rik - you can't be serious ? Did you really break a finger ?

I'm looking at the PM (zinc plated) 10" set, anyone have experience of these ?