The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Not an effect but a magicians ring question. :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I don't know if it belongs here but is there such a thing as a "magicians ring"? I was watching the Demo of Torn and Shade with a buddy of mine who has been doing it for a long time. And He made a comment about how he wanted that magicians ring the Daniel Garcia was wearing. I didn't say anything so I brought to you guys. Is there a ring if so what must one do to earn or get my hands on one?
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Yes there is a Magician's ring. If you ever get a chance to see Dan Garrete's Close up Canivery (don't mark off for spelling LOL) you'll see he's wearing one. the ring is basically just a simple thing. if you were to cut it at one of it's points and flatten it out it would form an M or W depending on who you talk to or how you're looking at it LOL. I've been looking for one on and off for a while. perhaps someone will know who's makeing them
Enjoy
Joe Comet
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Yea thanks a lot I would love to get one.

Anyone else have any advice on how to get one?
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Someone posted a link in this thread.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=113
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok thanks so if I cant find anyone outthere what type of ring is it in case I want to get mine custom with engraved? Is it a wishbone ring an M ring or what?
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
I believe that the ring was used by gamblers to clip a card under the ring. Magicians adapted it for magic.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok does anyone know of any jewlery stores that may carry it. The link above sells it but they are 75 bucks. Which is fine if that's the only way to get it made. But if it is not an actual "magicians" ring then I want to see if I can find it cheaper.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I really don't know of any "Magician's Ring" except for the few offerings of some magic shops. If they are made of gold or silver and not just plated junk, you won't find a lower price no matter how hard you look.

I can't really see anyone wanting one that bad. They are very uncomfortable to wear. No matter how you turn it, the points will poke you somewhere, either in the webbing between your fingers, or your palm every time you close your hand.

There is another thread going on in the "Magical Accessories" forum here
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.