The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Dice Holdouts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of PapaG
I've just bought the Eddie Fechter book which includes all Fechter's work except 'Eddie Fechter's Dice Holdouts'.

Excuse the ignorance of someone who knows little about dice, but what exactly is a dice holdout?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I know a little about dice. And a little about holdouts.

Seems to me that I'd better pm you.

Check jim riser's website for photographs
http://www.jamesriser.com I believe is the correct url.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I believe the dice holdouts are not true holdouts, like card ones used by gamblers, but merely little holders you have under the edge of you jacket to "steal" dice for switching.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Try rubberbands on safety pins...
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Dice Hold-outs is a reference made to dice games using a cup. The dice cheat would hold out (usually 1, sometimes 2)dice from the cup. This die would be added to the other dice when being dumped out of the cup...in effect...the die is controled for a specific number to come up. It is usually used in games like Indian Dice, Horse Dice, Yahtzee, or Bacgamon. Steve Forte demonstrates some beautiful work on his Gambling Protection series tapes/DVD's. Incedently, Fechter was a master of this...he used to actually hustle known hustlers. Also, Fechter taught Forte the basics of dice hold-out work.

Mike