The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Himber Ring problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Hello,
I have a "NEW AGE HIMBER RING(silver) $39.95", which is dealt in A-1 and Hocus Pocus. Sadly, however, my Himber ring tarnished. How can I bring it back to the original silver color?
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Jay
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You get what you pay for. Maybe a jeweler can polish or re-plate it. Shouldn't cost much.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The silver should take to silver polish available at Wal-Mart and other fine stores. Not the tarnX, but the silver polish.
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Take some aluminium foil. Place it in a tray. Pour salt over it. Then hot water. Let the salt dissolve. Place the ring in the solution. If it's real silver, it will now be clean (and short a few thousand silver molecules)
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
HI,
Thank you all.
"NEW AGE HIMBER RING" is not real silver. Anyway I will try broothal's and wmhegbli's methods. Thank you very much three of you again.

Sincerely,
Jay
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Take it to a jewelrey repair shop and have it plated. Or buy a good one. (see http://www.porperoriginals.com )
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
There is a favorable review by Danny Orleans of the Porper/Biro "Ghostly Linking Finger Rings" in the May 2005 issue of Genii. Looks like they solved and improved upon some of the issues with the standard Himber ring (it can be opened one handed, etc...).