The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Black's Magic PK Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Has anyone else experienced a green ring around your finger when you take the ring off? I got my ring from Blacks last weekend & it has been great except for I wore it out today & when I came home & took it off........there was a green ring around my finger.
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Yes, I have found it tends to be diet related. Largely when I am dehydrated. Can't explain it, but I found when I eat well--it doesn't happen. When I eat fast food, it does. That is just me though. I also know of at leat three diabetics that had the same problem... it has to do with the magnet field and how your body reacts to it.. but I also tried coating the inside with clear nail polish and it seemed to help to so there may be an aspect of the electroplating. Frankly, I have no idea. Read an article on magnets pulling impurities out of the body; strange stuff. LOL

James
Black's Magic
http://www.blacksmagicshop.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
James,
I think you're right about the electroplating. This is typical of "cheap" gold rings. Nothing against you, I love mine. I noticed a minor tendency to discolor but it doesn't bother me in the least as I only wear it when performing. Since anything but pure 24K gold is an alloy, it depends on what other metals are alloyed with it. The more cheap filler they use, the more profit for them. I read somewhere that it might be copper that causes the discoloration. A higher quality alloy (a.k.a higher cost) should solve the problem.

People's reaction to it differ, and for now I'll go with your diet explanation. I've also noticed sweaty hands tend to turn green faster.

If you're worried about it for future jobs, you might want to talk to your plating company about it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Another satisfied customer from Blacks Magic here. I received my ring yesterday. I got the gold one to match my wedding band. It looks great, just like my wedding ring, so nobody will be suspicious. Also the stories you hear about the wonderful customer service are true. The communication is excellent,and they make sure they get it right.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 13:18, airship wrote:
Just one more observation - the Black's rings come in sizes 8-12, including half sizes, while the Wizard comes in only three - 19mm, 21mm, or 23mm. However, the Wizard's 23mm I own is, I believe, equivalent to about size 14, so the Black's just isn't an option for a big guy like me. I've got to admit they look good, though. Smile

I have heard that the Black's PK rings are soon to be out in sizes up to 16. ...Or maybe it was 18. I have a 12. They come in half-sizes. The Wizard ring is a washer type magnet that is marketed as a ring. I find them bulky and not very convincing as a ring. That is not the case with the Black's ring. They are not magnets being sold as rings. They are rings being manufactured with magnets. The Black's rings look so good that they are absolutely above suspicion. I find the Black's rings to be a far greater product than the Wizard rings. Not only is the price right and the ring more comfortable and ring-like...you just can't beat the guarantee. If it breaks, they replace it. If you gain weight and can't get it on...they replace it. If you lose weight and it falls off...they replace it.

In my opinion, (and that opinion is shared by everyone I know who has a Black's ring...including those who also have a Wizard ring), you just can't beat the Black's ring.
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
I've never heard of these rings, what are the possible effects that can be done wearing one of these rings? Can someone give me some examples please?
§kitch
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Quote:
On 2006-10-04 23:34, Ichazod wrote:
Has anyone else experienced a green ring around your finger when you take the ring off? I got my ring from Blacks last weekend & it has been great except for I wore it out today & when I came home & took it off........there was a green ring around my finger.

I just recently developed this problem, was wearing it everyday and a green ring showed up around my finger. I don't wear it anymore unless I'm using it in an effect, will google around to see if I can find anything else. Kinda freaky.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
http://www.neotexx.de/xaranshop_k001011s001_1.htm

and go down to: Ring abgerundet

8,46 EUR

WOW!!!

I will order some rings!!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
CharlieC

I have the same problem, your body reacts to the nickle in the ring. Coat the inside of the ring with clear nail polish. This will stop the contact with the skin and sweat.

Tony
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5488 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Great suggestion, Tony. Thanks for sharing!
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Yeah, every once in a while I have the same issue. And we have tried to come up with ways to "fix" it, but it is all about how your body reacts to it. Like I said in a previous post it seems to effect me when my diet is poor and I am more dehydrated. When I clean up my diet and drink a lot more water it doesn't happen. It may just be me. But Tony is right: coat it with nail polish and it stops (or at the very least reduces it). We coated the last batch with teflon and it appears to have helped a little more to. If anyone has this problem and decides they do not want to keep the ring, just call me and I will refund your purchase. 1-877-877-7878. James
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2006-10-14 17:58, Skitch wrote:
I've never heard of these rings, what are the possible effects that can be done wearing one of these rings? Can someone give me some examples please?

The limits of your imagination is the only limit to what can be performed with these rings. It is a great utility item that no close-up magician should be without.
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
I orderd and received the wrong size ring and I'm a liitle nervous about sending it back (it really is a great ring). Has anyone had a problem with returns? I really like this ring and I've heard some people say that they had some trouble getting their ring back. Anyone have a problem?
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Quote:
On 2006-12-06 11:52, theoriginalman wrote:
I orderd and received the wrong size ring and I'm a liitle nervous about sending it back (it really is a great ring). Has anyone had a problem with returns? I really like this ring and I've heard some people say that they had some trouble getting their ring back. Anyone have a problem?

I can't imagine anyone ever having a problem with Black's Magic when it comes to customer service. Let not your heart be troubled and send it back with confidence that it'll come back. Just call ahead of time and see for yourself how great they are at taking care of you.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
So far my experience with Black's Magic has been great. Ordered one ring and liked it so much I ordered another in a different finish. There was a problem with my billing info and someone called right away to resolve the issue. Great customer service.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I've been wearing mine full-time for a couple of months now, and I love it. It took me awhile to learn not to have it stick to things all the time, but now it's second nature. And when you wear it all the time you get inspired to try new things with it. Mine is gold, and it's beautiful.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
A rare magical bargain!

This is a very high quality product.
No, it has not played havoc with my credit cards,
yes, it is strong for the size.

It looks just like any other band to a spectator.
It is durable, it is attractive, it works.
What else can one ask for?

Magically,
Walt
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Great... now I can't wait to receive mine.... Thanks for pouring pure oil on the blaze of eagerness in my hearth! Smile

I bought it alongside Prohibition. That should be fun to play with!
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
So where can you get one of these rings? Does anyone distribute them in the UK, or can the only be purchased from Blacks?

I found the http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com/ website, but can't find a product page (that works)..

Thanks
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Penguin Magic sells them, but their Euro site seems to have some problems. You can order it from Penguin U.S. and they can ship it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.