The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Opinion - Best "Ring Flight" effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here's one I just stumbled on in a book.

The Effect: You ask a spectator if he/she has a key ring. One is offered. Magician asks spectator to hold their ring of keys in their cupped hands so no one can take a key away or add anything.

Magician walks over to someone and borrows a ring. Ring is vanished (easiest way is with a handkerchief with the spectator holding their ring thru the handkerchief).

Magician asks spectator with key ring (who is several feet away) if they would look at their keyring and do they see something that wasn't there before.

Answer, "Yes a ring."

Magician takes keyring to ring owner and lets he/she remove thier ring from the key ring.

This was published years ago in a book, titled "stuff".

Oh do I wish I had invented this one!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
So if I can't find Steves, I'm guessing the Morelli is the one? Im looking to do the same ring vanish into key spellbound.. is the handeling the same in appearance of the effect?
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Anyone have any information on where Ringer can be purchased now?
I tried Steve's site and it says he has no products at all except some lecture notes. Tried TannenMagic which was suggested on a ring flite review website.
I've tried doing searches on the net and no leads.
Anyone have any information?
Daniel Faith
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
James brown's "workaroo" could be a contender for this!
mikethemagish
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of mikethemagish
It's hard to beat Richard Sanders Interlace trick. You don't have to worry about the ring flying off which is the most important part. It's not hard to do and can be set up to go at a moments notice. I like it!

magish for life
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Interlace is probably the most magical effect of this kind I've seen.
I really like Paul Gertner's Ring on Hourglass too.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
My el duco flight has served me well for a long time now
no problems at all.......
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2471 Posts

Profile of benbv
Hello guys!

I already own Bloom's version of ring flight and people seem to say that "Just in Case" is better. Can someone tell me in which way it is better ? I never had problems with rings being too big btw... And you can also do a ring/key transposition with Bloom's version...

It seems the Porper/Biro version doesn't use a TT, so how clean is the vanish ? Do you show your hands empty before going for the key case, or is everything done with the cover of the hankerchief ?

Thanks !
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Under handkerchief. Why show hand empty, no heat on it, you are holding the hkf by one corner. and attention is on the key hanging on the cord.

If Bloom's is working fine FOR YOU.. as much as I'd like you to buy mine, keep using what works for you. (I do have over 500 satisfied customers)
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
How about no HKF just sleight and flash paper? Anyone know the method? Fir any ring?
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2471 Posts

Profile of benbv
Thank you Mr Biro for answering my question!

No offense was meant at all... I'm sure your version is extremely well thought and manufactured. It's just that I wondered what were the differences between the two methods... Bloom's version is really fine, but in close-up (I mean VERY close, not in parlour magic...), I always feel a bit guilty with the TT... That is why your version intrigued me.

But as paisa23 said, and from what I understand about your method, I beleive sleight of hand could replace the hkf. I might really consider purchasing your version... Also I'm not really happy with Bloom's keycase... It sure is ok but as another member already said, it doesn't really look like something you use for your keys...

Thanks again for your help !

Ben
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1527 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I love blooms version too
the only thing is, I find it a bit fiddly getting the ring into position for the vanish...
any tips guys?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Read Mike Close's Ring Fright or check out "Just in Case" at http://www.porperoriginals.com
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2471 Posts

Profile of benbv
Hello Matt !

I think the most natural way for this vanish is to use flashpaper while pretending that it is a piece of tissue paper.

So you rip off a bit of flashpaper and wrap it around on your left hand like a little tube; then, pretending to adjust the tube, you secretely put your TT in it, and then put the ring inside it, pretending that you put the ring in the paper tube...

You get the idea I think...

But honestly, I very often do it without flashpaper and people never suspect anything... I do not stay static while charging the ring in the TT and then steal it back, I always do a movement of my body and move my hands just a little... You know... The "big movement hiding the small one" theory... But always showing my hands clean...

Don't hesitate if you need any precisions !
SoundWave
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of SoundWave
El duco flight is good. Mike Close's is well too.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
I second El Ducos, the r**l is as silent as you can get it, very reliable, the clips are all the same, the r**l is a lockable r**l, the case is nice just like a NORMAL key case - what more can you ask for. If some of you are thinking about getting a ring flight and not sure which one, then El Duco will certainly satisfy you - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
avdad2000
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of avdad2000
I emailed Steve Dusheck about acquiring "RINGER" a year ago and he told me that he was having a difficult time finding the proper materials to make it and had none for sale. Now I notice that this effect doesn't even show up on his site - bummer!
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2471 Posts

Profile of benbv
I've had the opportunity to have a look at El Duco's Ring Flight and it's really incredible! You really "feel" the good quality!
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
I agree goldeneye007, and I will picking one up at Blackpool in 2 weeks Smile
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2471 Posts

Profile of benbv