The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Tricks with dice (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Could someone explain to me (perhaps via PM) what the exact difference is between a sure-shot dice box and an Eli dice box? Thanks!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2206 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Alexander, the two effects are two different props entirely. Both work with different methods. The Sure Shot dice box works with 2 dice, Eli dice box works with 3 dice.
Both or numerical revelations, but accomplished by different methods. PM me for any hidden information on them, any other information should go into Secret sessions
as not to make public to everyone.

-Frederick
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Eluzion
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Eluzion
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2018, Oil&Water wrote:
Another die effect I like,
Get 2 dice rolled with your backed turned,
Spectator adds both up,
He or she then chooses any one and looks at the opposing end and adds that to the total,
He or she throws that die again and adds that to the total,
With your back turned ask for the total, deduct 7 and that will give the total of the 2 dice currently showing upwards.
You will also be able to tell them it’s a 4 and 4 showing.
Example 4 and 2 thrown = 6 Spec adds the reverse of the 2 ie 5 so total so =11
Then throws the 2 and gets another 4 so total is now 15 which is announced to you.
deduct 7 = 8 and you can tell them that 2 x 4,s are uppermost on both die.
If it’s 9 there is a way of knowing whether it’s 5/4 6/3 but too long to explain here.
Enjoy Olly

Where can this effect be found? (Book, dvd, lecture notes)? Sounds like a fairly mathematical system but not overly hard to do in your head.

That's Mental Die-Mensional By Sudo : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11183 A nice piece of magic with 2 standard dice. Not too mathy. Enjoy!
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
253 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
"It's the Rules", by Bob Sheets. It takes Dr. Sacks to the next level.
AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
There is Winners Dice by Secret Factory, more of a gimmick than a trick but a few tricks are shown on the trailer. It is not using ordinary dice but it rolls normally if you want it to so it could be used for many other dice effects I would think.
ryanshaw9572
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of ryanshaw9572
Do you believe in Chance by Jan Forster is an absolute game-changer for me.
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
Best dice matrix in my opinion: Charlie Frye's Dice Matrix on Eccentricks Vol 1

Second best dice matrix in my opinion: Steve Dacri Dice Routine on Magic of Steve Dacri No Filler Volume 2. A dice matrix with one of the dice escaping/teleporting from a box during the matrix.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
James Lewis' version of the Dr. Sack Routine is not only my favorite dice routine , it's also my "go to" routine if I'm asked to do a trick. This came out on VHS about 25 years ago and, as far as I know, never made it to DVD, so as time has passed I suspect it's been forgotten and is pretty much unknown by newer magicians. The reactions I get from a seemingly simple trick are what performing magic is all about.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
The recently released book, "Dice Mysteries" by Steve Drury, may be of interest.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I perform Dice Stacking, Die Vision (Color Vision), "It's the Rules!" by Bob Sheets and Loaded Dice by Alan Wakeling on a regular basis and they are among the strongest effects in my professional repertoire. Also, incorporating Aniverdi or ProMystic dice take the aforementioned to a whole new level.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
I've thought for a long time that it would be fun to do the Sack dice routine with two ProMystic type dice, then have the spectator point to one and do some of the Mental Die effects.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
I released an effect years ago that uses dice. It takes advantage of the number 14 force to create a completely self working color changing deck effect. It is called "Dicewave." Here is a video of Brian Brushwood performing it on Scam School!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0dBjVah2wo
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I almost forgot about the classic Top & Die

Spider
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Spider
There is a good close-up table routine with a solid presentation in Volume 1 of ART OF CLOSE-UP MAGIC by Lewis Ganson.

The effect was contributed to the book by Horace Bennett, who dubbed it, "Unfair Shake."
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If you're looking for BIG dice for an effect, I spotted wooden lawn dice at Cabela's. They're maybe 3 - 4" square - 6 for $30.
dfolson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of dfolson
It looks like Badlands Bob has been updated and there are 3 versions to pick from. How do you choose?
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
I have used Corleone dice as a chop cup routine with the TCC leather cup - the dice magnet isn't too strong so be a bit careful. Anyone have any ideas for the Corleone dice?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, dfolson wrote:
It looks like Badlands Bob has been updated and there are 3 versions to pick from. How do you choose?

I find the new third version very interesting: Badlands Bob II with Red Die Climax
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
This teak wood die prediction is very well done ⭐️ and does not require any touch

Unusual design and can briefly inspected by spectator before the demonstration