The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Opinion - Best "Ring Flight" effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You say key chain, is it not more of a KEY RING?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Sorry Spanish to English barrier sometimes escapes me. But you are right Pete. Thanks for the correction.
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
I got Steve's "Ringer" in the mail today and I have to say I am delighted with it. All of the praise I have heard about it is well deserved. If you are considering a Ring Flight effect and have a fear of damaging the ring, then this is the ring flight for you.

Thanks Steve for great service and a great product.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Allan
Steve Dusheck is not only an inventive genius, but read his presentation carefully, because he gives every move a meaning, and makes this unimpressive looking key ring perform magic 4U.
have fun
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
brainman
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of brainman
I vote for Leo Bassi`s Ring Flight.
Normal key chain, fast, no reel, ring is never in danger, ring appears between the keys.
It takes quite a time to put all keys off and to give the ring back - and everything is fully examinable.
Low tech - lasts a life long - I hope.
; )
best,
T
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Brainman
Is there a video demo of Leo Bassi's "ring flight"? I have not heard of it. Where do you buy it, how much does it cost?
Al Angello
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I think Leo Bassi is a professional juggler from Spain Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
I am working with Gaetan Bloom's "Flying Ring". I have the Vernet Magic Version. I have since made my own set up of props. If you want direct and to the point this is it. If you want a complete act this is it. It uses no reels or pulls of any type. I think it is still available. Anyone who is into to Ring Flight with the ring ending up on a key chain should check this thing out. And for the price you can't beat it.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hello everyone!

I just reviewed Ringer in my Magic Friday column if anyone's interested...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......5&19

Hope you like it!

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Don't forget Just IN Case... similar to Bloom's but you can use LARGE rings and there is no pull or reel.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Pound for pound Ringer is one of the best small investmets one can make .
This effect will last a life time, and if there is a problem Steve will replace it at no charge....................
Dusheck is the Mad genius Of magic
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17429 Posts

Profile of joseph
Just got the Morelli and it has great potential....I think I will still get Ringer and the dvd from Dusheck.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Joseph, you can not go wrong with Dusheck's material.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Like Vinny mentioned, I also saw John Graham perform this at the Castle in January. It was one of the strong points in his routine and he repeated the effect several times immediately. It took on a card under the glass sort of feel and was fantastic.

Funny thing is: I had no idea he was using a gimmicked key ring until I stumbled across this thread. Well, I should clarify that. The first time it appeared on the key ring, I though: Gimmick OR the key ring must not have been skrewed all the way shut. (But that was just the magician in me...Other spectators were in total awe) The second, and third times it showed up, it all happened so fast and smooth that I dismissed the idea of a gimmick and just thought the guy was really good. Plus the way you have to unskrew the key ring to get the ring off really sells the effect. After seeing it a couple times I could tell that thing was actually skrewed all the way shut with the ring on it.

Great effect.

But I have to say, John Graham's performance of the effect and his interaction with the woman who had voluntered to let him borrow her ring are what really made this a wonderful effect. The prop was only part of it.
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Sean Fields has a new "Ring Flight" to necklace called Northbound that looks really good. Does any own this new DVD?

Here's the description from Hocus Pocus:

"...Imagine borrowing a spectators ring, and causing it to vanish, only to have it IMMEDIATELY reappear on your necklace! Imagine being able to do this without wires, reels, pulls, magnets, or thread. Eclipsing what can be accomplished with a gimmick, this TECHNIQUE is simple, elegant, and practical. "

Check out the video on Hocus!

Bosco
magictrickstur
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magictrickstur
David Acer had a wonderful routine were he placed the ring in a purse then it appeared in his keyring I think it was in his lecture notes. Definitely check it out.
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
Ok Ok, Im blown back and want the ringer... but its not available on steves website? is that the only place it can be bought? Help!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5454 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
It's a matter of taste, what's easily available, and fit (not so much fit as most thimbles fit to a greater or lesser degree but rather what fits your "need"). Mainly it is a matter of taste and degree of comfort in use (a very subjective variable).

They are similar in appearance and size. Steve’s being a bit more rectangular with the Morelli being pear shaped and the Morelli being slightly (maybe ½ inch) longer top to bottom.

They are similar in that both require that a collar be unscrewed to retrieve the ring.

They are both similar in that they appear simple, familiar (look like a key ring), and guileless (no one even thinks that something that simple could/would be gimmicked).

They are similar in that both are easy to use.

The differences between Steve Dusheck’s “Ringer” and the Morelli “Ring Flight” are subtle but significant

Difference one: The mechanism on Duscheck’s require that the performer unscrew the collar to retrieve the ring. The Morelli is handed to the spectator to unscrew the collar and retrieve the ring.

Difference two: Steve Duscheck’s version is an “instant on” and can be done right in front of the spectators eyes. It is so fast that it can be done openly and still fool the spectator (that is what Al Cohen did to me over 25 years ago when he sold me my first “Ringer”).

The Morelli version is done out of sight of the spectators. However reaching into your pocket loads and locks the mechanism. It is one fluid movement. This prop is best used with a jacket (you’ll understand when you have the prop in hand).

Difference three: Steve Duscheck’s version has the ring ending beside the keys locked on the key ring. The Morelli has the ring end up between the keys locked on the key ring.

Difference four: I found Steve’s Ringer a bit fragile and broke one in two years of use (is that really fragile?) the Morelli is designed to take a beating. My Morelli has had literally hundreds of shows and works just like new.

Which is best? Go back and re-read Whit’s post. It is more about use (how you plan to perform the effect), look, and ruggedness.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Harry
Thanks for the post, I have never seen the Morelli ring flight, but I have spent many a night doing nothing but Steves Dusheck's beautiful magic tricks, over and over again.
Al Angello
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of Bande
Wow, just wanted to thank you for a GREAT post.