The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring and spring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
It was funny because yesterday I was perusing my magic book library and pulled that very book out to have a look through it for some refreshment in the form of ideas and inspiration.

I have had that book for a couple of years now and I love the material that is in it, and I use a lot of it. The things that use the tube but not the ball are just one example of thinking outside of the proverbial box, and when combined with effects using the ball, so much the better!

Bill said it best that when used in the right situations with the right presentation, the Ring and Spring and the Ball and Tube are indeed very strong when done well. I use both of them in my corporate, hospitality suite and restaurant shows to great effect - especially when you pit one parent against the other - the kids love it!
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
That booklet was written in 78' and published in 80' or 82'. I had only been doing magic for 5 years. Because, I was a beginner, I had a passion for the easy and inexpensive pocket tricks. It was a thrill for my booklet to be accepted and distributed in every shop in the country. The routines aren't earth-shattering, but they are numerous and diverse.
Of course, I had some help from Walter B. Gibson himself, Roy Fromer, Mike Tannen and others. The original first edition had articles about Danny Tzukalos the Macy's demonstrator, Pictures of Jackie Flosso's little museum and a few other stories. When Robbins bought the booklet, he cut out all of the "extras".
The video I am putting together will include all of the really odd effects using water, folding coins, sponges, fire, wax, silk loads and steals.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Updates: Ring and spring DVD is doing well, sold half of the first orders with little or no promotion. The staeel ball and tube DVD will be started this month.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
I ordered this from Ian about a month ago and have yet to receive it. Tried his email and pm'd him on the Café, no response. Does anyone know how to reach him?

Cheers,

Mike
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
I just received a PM from a Café member about Ian's passing. I am very sorry for his family's loss.

Mike
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Petrick & Mia had a very nice routine based on this concept called "Bewildering Bracelets"
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2013-09-29 11:21, Lawrence O wrote:
Petrick & Mia had a very nice routine based on this concept called "Bewildering Bracelets"

Next to their ring work with the flat rings, "Bewildering Bracelets" is one of my favorite effects from Petrick & Mia.