The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Bruce Cervon and Al Koran linking finger rings (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Great answer WH....
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Gipstein
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
76 Posts

Profile of Gipstein
I have an old style Himber Ring and a DVD of routines, including Pendragon's. It seems many involve a shill who provides the gimmicked ring. So my question becomes twofold: CAN this be done close-up? Second question: my ring does not look like any wedding band I have seen. As I said, it was cheap. I would think that one of the three rings needs to be a simple, classic gold band so that the spectator who provides a real such wedding band would think the gimmicked ring is his on a quick examination. Am I right? If so, I will shop around for a simple wedding band style gimmicked ring, not one that is highly decorated or segmented and would NEVER pass for a wedding band. I may be missing the method even after watching the DVD. I love this trick. I have seen it performed in a stage / parlor show, and would like to do it. Most of my magic is either close up or parlor. Advice welcome.
Magic is where dreams become reality and reality becomes a dream.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I just finished working on my 230 page linking ring book, and it includes Koran's routine and a KILLER from Karrell Fox that requires NO SWITCHING. And many others
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-02-19 18:51, Gipstein wrote:
I have an old style Himber Ring and a DVD of routines, including Pendragon's. It seems many involve a shill who provides the gimmicked ring. So my question becomes twofold: CAN this be done close-up? Second question: my ring does not look like any wedding band I have seen. As I said, it was cheap. I would think that one of the three rings needs to be a simple, classic gold band so that the spectator who provides a real such wedding band would think the gimmicked ring is his on a quick examination. Am I right? If so, I will shop around for a simple wedding band style gimmicked ring, not one that is highly decorated or segmented and would NEVER pass for a wedding band. I may be missing the method even after watching the DVD. I love this trick. I have seen it performed in a stage / parlor show, and would like to do it. Most of my magic is either close up or parlor. Advice welcome.

You sure "assume" a lot from watching one video.

All routine use shills - Not!
Never seen a wedding ring with a design - how many wedding rings have you bought!
You don't like the classic Himber style - Then design one and have it custom made!
You shopping around will only turn up an engagement ring that cost $450.00 http://www.stevensmagic.com
Al Koran's routine is not intended to be a close up trick. It is a stand up effect for at least 30 people audience that are wearing finger rings.
I don't think this is a trick that is suited to your style of magic. Just taken from you comments as it will not fit your requirements.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-05-24 19:37, johnnees wrote:
Dear Pete Biro, may I ask you a question?

what's the different between the AI KORAN's linking finger ring and the Joe porper ghostly linking finger rings? does the Joe porper's can be examine??? I just know that item in a high quality ,but I just want to know whether the gimmick is different..

One is simple and the other cost a lot of money!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-05-24 19:38, johnnees wrote:
And what's the best linking finger rings rotine... thx...

The best is the one you like to perform!
ibraa
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
51 Posts

Profile of ibraa
I like the one on Richard Osterlind's DVD. Simple, cheap, yet amazing
rioslautaro
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of rioslautaro
There is a Dvd from Graham Jolley called "Al Koran's Secrets" that has in it's description "Three Rings"... is this the Al Koran's version of the finger rings?
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1918 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
A few months ago, I showed Dick Oslund the Koran visual unlink using the pencil.......

Dick and I have known each other for a few decades, and his knowledge of Magic and advice to me during my Magic career has been literally priceless.

When Dick witnessed the visual unlink, one word came from his mouth....and that word was WOW.

In all these years, that's the only time I've ever heard Dick Oslund say "WOW" when seeing a Magic effect!!!

I think that's saying something......

And again, as I have said before here....buy Pete Biro's book.............the material in it on Linking Finger Rings is MAGNIFICENT.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
WOWEEEE
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-11-01 12:33, rioslautaro wrote:
There is a Dvd from Graham Jolley called "Al Koran's Secrets" that has in it's description "Three Rings"... is this the Al Koran's version of the finger rings?

No it is not. The original was sold by Harry Stanley Unique Magic Studio in England. There is a eBook of the trick on sale at a unauthorized website.

http://www.trickshop.com/linking-finger-rings.html
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Koran's Three Rings may be his linking ring routine. All of it (three rings and linking finger rings) is in my book The Real Secret of the Chinese Linking Rings.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Pete, it pays to click on a link to a website. There you will see it is the Koran Linking Finger Ring original routine, offered for download. No "may be" to it.
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
Did this book get published?

Quote:
On Feb 19, 2012, Pete Biro wrote:
I just finished working on my 230 page linking ring book, and it includes Koran's routine and a KILLER from Karrell Fox that requires NO SWITCHING. And many others
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2013, rioslautaro wrote:

Most likely not, as Al Koran performed a 3 ring linking ring routine with 15 inch size rings.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2008, Harry Murphy wrote:
The Al Koran linking finger ring was sold as a separate item with all the necessary props.

You got a booklet of instructions, two rings (one gaffed), and a gaffed wooden Pencil. If I remember correctly it was a Repo 71 release.

No it was a Harry Stanley product. I have the Catalog with the ad in it. Way before Repro Magic.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2008, thurstonlives wrote:
Thanks jskalon,

I have read that Pete Biro's review. Says that is SIMILAR that Al Koran's but not the same. What I'm looking for is the one with the Koran's pencil. The last unlink is powerful! Has this pdf that handling?

The original Al Koran Linking Finger Rings did not use a Himber Ring. It did come with a gaffed pencil, two cheap gold signet finger rings. Easy to make at home. Original means the very first marketed by Koran. It has not been mentioned if Koran ever used a Himber Ring. The thinking behind it is genius, and simple.

I actually got to see Al Koran perform his Linking finger ring routine and his Linking Rings routine.

When Koran came to America, and started offering new items in the Linking Ring magazine, they were hand made items for very high prices. Again gutsy to perform, but genius thinking.

It seems no one appreciates his offerings and the way he pulled off many of his standup stage effects.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3573 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2020, El Mystico wrote:
Did this book get published?

Quote:
On Feb 19, 2012, Pete Biro wrote:

https://usedmagic.myshopify.com/products......2b&_ss=r
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Pete sold his booklets through Stevens Magic, I just looked, it does not seem it is offered. Maybe it never got to the printers. Would not hurt to contact Stevens Magic and see if they intend to print the book. That is if they even have it.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1349 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Pete authored two books on the linking rings:

1. Comedy Linking Rings--the small booklet.
2. Real Secrets of the Chinese Linking Rings--this is the large compendium Biro had
mentioned.