The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Tommy Wonders Ring, Watch, and Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
Tommy Wonder did not make that set....
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
290 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
It looked a lot different from what he displayed on his DVD, so I was a bit skeptical myself. I wish I could have saved the ad copy. Oh well.
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
Lets just say.. the one that was on Hocus-Pocus... had a lot of mods made... nickle plated... laser welds.... no flesh paint... no need for it.... modifications for the better.... Tommy would be proud to see quality like that!!
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
256 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Quote:
On 2007-07-22 21:07, korttihai_82 wrote:
I open all my stand up acts with this for way over 2 years by now. Before that I used to do it Alan Saxon way with devils hank, but really, making the pull made it at least three times better.

At the moment I use hottrix medium strenght python pull. However it is not locking so I had do made small adjustment for the gimmick so it isn't pulling all the time but it has worked like charm otherwise. The best thing about it is the strenght. It doesn't have any problems pulling even heavy gimmick. I have read a lot of praise about petrick and mia reel and it is locking, but I am scared to invest 100$ for reel if it doesn't have enough strenght.

J-M

I also use the hottrix medium strenght python pull, JOL large Himber and all work great. Also developed different method on the bills to the envelop and it has all combined well.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Anyone have contact info fir Ken W? Apparently, he left the Café some time ago.
It's all in the reflexes.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On 2010-08-08 17:56, Illucifer wrote:
Anyone have contact info fir Ken W? Apparently, he left the Café some time ago.

PM'd you.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Once again the pull for this effect is the Key holder manufactured by the Key-Bak company out of California. They have a strong spring tension that is very similar to the one Tommy Wonder was using in his video.

It is not difficult to make the gimmick, it is just time consuming cutting and soldering small parts. Of course you have to know how to solder properly.

Yes, suspenders will work for the reel to attach to, it will also work with the shoulder strap Tommy Wonder discribes in his book. For the suspenders just place a safety pin on the suspender, then slip the Key-Bak on the pin.

This type of effect was created back in the 1940's, that is why the original used a devils hank, if you seen Jim Steinmeyer lecture on the subject, you would be jumping at performing this piece all the time. His thinking is genius and added a wonderful Flower Lapel vanish and re-appearence to it that is genius.

No search Key-Bak and get to making this wonderful effect.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1075 Posts

Profile of dman11
Is anyone out there still performing or have experience with this? I'm having an issue with the setup that maybe someone that has done this can help. I'll take it to PM's so its not out in the open.